Follow us on Facebook

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Follow us on Facebook

Post by sev »

Hi everyone,

Perhaps you weren't aware, but awhile ago we started to actively use our Facebook page. Usually we post more granulated news posts over there. So if you're interested to know a bit more about our internal developments, make sure you follow us.

Eugene
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Sad that the team feels Facebook is a better medium for news posting rather than your own site :roll: As you may infer, I don't [and will likely never] have an account.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Reckless wrote:Sad that the team feels Facebook is a better medium for news posting rather than your own site :roll: As you may infer, I don't [and will likely never] have an account.
If you follow http://planet.scummvm.org you'll get all information that is relevant to the project. I also don't care for Facebook so that's what I use.
ScottT
ScummVM Developer

Post by ScottT »

Reckless wrote:Sad that the team feels Facebook is a better medium for news posting rather than your own site :roll:
Sad that you jump to that conclusion... I'm don't know if you actually clicked through, but (and this is my personal opinion) the additional fun little tidbits being as the TsAGE SLOC count aren't things that I would ordinarily considered 'news'. Broader level announcements (such as new engines, GSoC, and so on) will still be posted here.

Alternatively, you're more than welcome to follow the ScummVM Twitter feed if you have an account there instead.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

KuroShiro wrote:
Reckless wrote:Sad that the team feels Facebook is a better medium for news posting rather than your own site :roll: As you may infer, I don't [and will likely never] have an account.
If you follow http://planet.scummvm.org you'll get all information that is relevant to the project. I also don't care for Facebook so that's what I use.
Thanks, I've been following for a while (since the web page harmonisation project where I learnt about the "planet").
ScottT wrote:Sad that you jump to that conclusion...
I don't have an account and last time I checked you couldn't see content unless logged in. Sat behind a firewall that blocks Facebook ATM so can't even check. My choice of words merely reflected sev's suggestion that you'll get more if you use Facebook.