new Jane Jensen game

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fischkopf

new Jane Jensen game

Post by fischkopf »

Jane Jensen started a website with a countdown: http://www.pinkertonroad.com/

A youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PinkertonRoad

I hope it's a new Gabriel Knight!

:shock:
Last edited by fischkopf on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Interesting indeed! Pinkerton is a private security guard and detective agency:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_ ... vices,_Inc.

So this sounds like a detective-related adventure game (kind of like Gabriel Knight and Tex Murphy?) and looks quite interesting :)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Wouldn't this be that Cognition game she collaborated on with Phoenix Online Studios?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

This is interesting, I like the GK series a lot :)

This also reminded me I need to play Gray Matter, which I have yet to install even though I bought it over a year ago.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Wouldn't this be that Cognition game she collaborated on with Phoenix Online Studios?
It would make more sense if the countdown is for a completely new game.

Why should there be a countdown for a game that everybody has already heard about.
KuroShiro

Re: New Jane Jensen Game

Post by KuroShiro »

fischkopf wrote: I hope it's a new Gabriel Knight!
Extremely doubtful (Activision owns the rights), but hopefully it will be something of interest.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

KuroShiro wrote:
fischkopf wrote: I hope it's a new Gabriel Knight!
Extremely doubtful (Activision owns the rights), but hopefully it will be something of interest.
I know, but i was thinking maybe she secretly got the rights back. It's very likely something interesting when Jane Jensen is involved. :wink:
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

fischkopf wrote:I know, but i was thinking maybe she secretly got the rights back. It's very likely something interesting when Jane Jensen is involved. :wink:
Al Lowe managed to get the Leisure Suit Larry rights back from Activision, so nothing is impossible.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Freddo wrote:
fischkopf wrote:I know, but i was thinking maybe she secretly got the rights back. It's very likely something interesting when Jane Jensen is involved. :wink:
Al Lowe managed to get the Leisure Suit Larry rights back from Activision, so nothing is impossible.
Who is currently running a Kickstarter to remake the entire LSL series with Replay Games, incidentally, along with Leslie Balfour and Josh Mandel from Sierra. Just FYI.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Freddo wrote:Al Lowe managed to get the Leisure Suit Larry rights back from Activision, so nothing is impossible.
Activision never had the rights to LSL. Codemasters bought Larry when VUG folded. Even so, Activision did give permission to the new KQ game that Telltale is supposedly doing. That said, here is the Kickstarter link

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145 ... come-again
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

Collector wrote:
Freddo wrote:Al Lowe managed to get the Leisure Suit Larry rights back from Activision, so nothing is impossible.
Activision never had the rights to LSL. Codemasters bought Larry when VUG folded. Even so, Activision did give permission to the new KQ game that Telltale is supposedly doing. That said, here is the Kickstarter link

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145 ... come-again
Damn, all these great Kickstarter projects will make me poor. :roll:
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Well, the countdown has reached zero. And.. and.. nothing. :(. What's the point of having a countdown if you don't have something ready when it finishes.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

For me, the countdown still has nearly 7 hours.
I guess they forgot to take different timezones into account?

EDIT: Looking into the counter.js, it appears to be that way. They just wait for 2012-04-04T10:00:00, without specifying a timezone, which is then the client system's timezone. Fail.
Last edited by DrMcCoy on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

It's at around 8 hours here. They probably did something stupid like keying it to your computer's time and date rather than the timezone where the countdown is actually relevant (I would imagine somewhere in the US). So realistically, there's probably 12-15 hours to go on the countdown.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

DrMcCoy wrote:EDIT: Looking into the counter.js, it appears to be that way. They just wait for 2012-04-04T10:00:00, without specifying a timezone, which is then the client system's timezone. Fail.
Ah. That explains it. I guess I can wait until this evening. Goodness knows that I've got enough work things to keep me occupied. :(