Curious item in Ween: The Prophecy

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KainXVIII

Curious item in Ween: The Prophecy

Post by KainXVIII »

Just wondering, why do you need a bolt in this game? (you can't take it in your inventory, but you can hold it in hands)
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

To this day, I remain unaware of any actual gameplay purpose for that bolt. Surprisingly, I'm pretty sure it even remains in some of the stripped-down version of the game.

Best as I can figure, it was either part of an older puzzle which they subsequently removed, or was put in as a sort of red-herring - something in the first area, to perhaps coax the player into believing that not everything 'usable' is important.

Of course, I haven't looked at the game scripts - for all I know, it could have some obscure use that just never comes up during normal play, or be part of an easter-egg nobody's noticed.
KainXVIII

Post by KainXVIII »

WNivek wrote: Of course, I haven't looked at the game scripts - for all I know, it could have some obscure use that just never comes up during normal play, or be part of an easter-egg nobody's noticed.
Yeah, i think about that too (but nobody interested in research, unfortunately :) )