Still no support for Wacom Penabled TabletPC's

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

naquaada
Got a warning

Still no support for Wacom Penabled TabletPC's

Post by naquaada »

Hi!

I've got a Lenovo x61 Tablet PC. It's no Android/iPad style tablet, it's a real 12" netbook with a Wacom Penabled pressure-sensitive display. I've got the SGXA+ display with 1400x1050 pixel resolution.

I'm using ScummVM for long on my Mac, now I tested it the first time on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. ScummVM with a pen must be cool, but nothing. In fullscreen mode any small movements of the pen will move the cursor (tested on Monkey Island 1) only to the edges, not more. That's because ScummVM uses in fullscreen mode rather unusal screen modes like 640x400, which are not selectable in Windows. The only way to play games with pen and maximal size is to reduce the resolution to 1024x768 and use a 3x scaled windows. This looks ugly blurry because it's not the native resolution and there's still a frame with the Windows desktop around the ScummVM window.

So it would be great if ScummVM will get additional fullscreen scaling routines. They should depend on the resolution used in the main operating system, which is normally the native resolution of the TFT monitor. Because on desktop systems it could be very high (1600x1200, 1920x1200) it should be an alternative method to the fullscreen mode using different screenmodes. Both methods should be available. If anyone remembers iTunes 6, the fullscreen resolution of the visualization was also only fixed to a 640x480 screenmode, they also changed that to the native resolution in later versions.

This scaling method also could be used by users of Wacom Cintiq graphic tablets with inbuilt display. It should at least be integrated in the ports for Windows, OS X and Linux.

Greets to the forum, naquaada.
naquaada
Got a warning

Post by naquaada »

Hello, I just tried the latest 1.6.0 build and there's still no support for fullscreen pen support. In all versions I tested the mouse cursor 'swushes' uncontrollable across the screen and only is only to see on the screen edges. Using it with a serial Wacom Tablet on Mac OS X has the same result.
GUN

Post by GUN »

i don't think it will be done in near time.

maybe it is completeable with porting back the direct pointing device from the android version? Maybe a developer could say more about this.