BuildBot not working?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

OmerMor
Got a warning

BuildBot not working?

Post by OmerMor »

It seems that the BuildBot is stuck building a revision from February 3rd.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Odd. Well, as long as it's not working I would suggest compiling yourself -- it's actually not all that hard to set up.

Although, looking at the wiki page for compiling (in MinGW at least) it seems to contain a lot of outdated/extraneous information. So a basic outline of what you need to do:

1). Install git for your system. Needed to get the ScummVM code.

2). Get something to compile with. For Linux everything you need should be built in. For Windows I suggest MinGW. The info on the wiki is way more complicated that it needs to be... just run the automated install program. Make sure you check the options to install the C++ Compiler, and msys (along with the DTK) during install.

3). Add any libraries you need. For Linux most of these should already be installed. For MinGW you can just get the pre-compiled libraries .zip file and extract it wherever you installed MinGW. A listing of all the optional libraries and how to install them manually is on the wiki.

4). Get the ScummVM code. To do this, start up some command line (terminal in Linux, msys in Windows if you've been following this), navigate to whatever directory you want the code in, and type 'git clone https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git'. (hereafter you can just go to the directory with the code and type 'git pull' to update to the latest version).

5). Build ScummVM. Go to the directory the code was downloaded into (usually ./scummvm from wherever you typed the git command). Then, type './configure', or './configure --enable-all-engines' if you want the non-supported engines to work. Then type 'make clean && make' to compile. If you're using MinGW you might want to type 'strip ./scummvm.exe' after compile to make the .exe file a more reasonable size.

Ok, so maybe it's a bit more complicated looking when I actually describe it :P. Still, once you've set it up you can easily compile your own version whenever you want.
wjp
ScummVM Developer

Re: BuildBot not working?

Post by wjp »

OmerMor wrote:It seems that the BuildBot is stuck building a revision from February 3rd.
Thanks for reporting this. I've un-stuck it manually.
OmerMor
Got a warning

Post by OmerMor »

Thanks wjp.
KuroShiro: Thanks, but I know how to compile scummvm. I just wanted to notify the devs.