New adventure game from the creators of MI and DoT

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mim

Post by Mim »

MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

The final tally:

$3,335,265 raised on Kickstarter from 87,138 backers with an extra $110,000 donated outside of Kickstarter bringing the total to:

$3,445,265
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Now, for those of you who, like me, have an interest in RPGs, comes the announcement of a new Kickstarter project to create
Wasteland II.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Actually, it went up a bit.

$3,336,371 + $110,000 = $3,446,371
Mim

Post by Mim »

Reckless wrote:I'd love a boxed copy of the game... but $110 (to the UK) is just too large a sum to layout. There's not enough detail on just where the $85 increase is being used (obviously I can understand the additional $10 shipping cost to the UK).
Yes, seems to be overpriced but it still could be good investment. As those boxes are exclusive to the campaign and only small minority of the owners will be probably willing to sell it, the price on eBay will be one day higher than 100 dollars as rather rare collector's item I guess. The successful games sold several millions boxed copies in the past (for example Myst - 6 million) and there will be just about 13000 of those campaign exclusive boxes for Double Fine Adventure distributed.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I do agree but I just couldn't do it ;( The announcement of the t-shirt nearly made me go for it... until I saw it :( Probably a missed opportunity but hey ho!

An amazing amount of cash was raised!!!
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

dreammaster wrote:Now, for those of you who, like me, have an interest in RPGs, comes the announcement of a new Kickstarter project to create
Wasteland II.
This. Even though this forum is largely about adventure games, I hope some people will hope over and donate to this. Wasteland is an amazing game, and the genre needs love just as badly (if not more so) as classic adventure games.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

I kicked in $100 to both projects. I love me some boxed games.
OmerMor
Got a warning

Post by OmerMor »

Wasteland 2 actually met their (very high) goal in 2 days only!
Congrats to them!