The Dig. I want to load it on my Windows XP...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

twinkie315

The Dig. I want to load it on my Windows XP...

Post by twinkie315 »

Back in the day when I was 6 years old i bought the dig and I enjoyed it very greatly. I am now 15 years old and I rebought The Dig in teh hopes taht I could play it again. I currently have a Windows XP. When I put the CD in the drive it doesn't recognize the disk. I have ScummVM right now so all I need to do is somehow get the files onto my Windows XP. Any ideas?
clem

Post by clem »

Windows XP shouldn't have a problem with the CD (I assume you have the DOS version of the dig) - maybe the CD is scratched? If cleaning doesn't help all I can suggest is buying the game again :-/
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

it may be pssible that this is the mac version of the game, it should say on the disc. it is possible to get the files off of the mac disc on pc, you use a program called HFVexplorer. if you get this program be sure to read the readme first before trying to start, as you will need to preform some of the instalation manually, to be able to read from the cd-rom. the is a handy guide on the wiki that explains how to play mac games on pc on the ScummVM wiki page
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HOWTO-Mac_Games
twinkie315

Post by twinkie315 »

Wow I feel pretty darn stupid. Thanks for helping me realize how dumb I am. Also thanks for the tip about the software-I'll definately try it. Either that or I'll just rebuy it. =)