Space Quest II Remake Released!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Space Quest II Remake Released!

Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 am

SQ2 by Infamous Adventures is about to be released. The IA team is chatting with people at http://www.efnet.org/ for those interested in anticipation of its release. Put a name in the "webchat login" section and change the channel to #InfamousAdventures and then log right in.
Last edited by MusicallyInspired on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:16 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Post by dreammaster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 am

It's now been released. I'm currently eagerly downloading. It's quite a size, at 459Mb.

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:07 am


User avatar
Freddo
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:41 pm

Post by Freddo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:16 am

Nice :)

User avatar
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:16 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Post by dreammaster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 am

Very fun remake. They've captured the playful spirit of the original. Like in the first room "That's no moon, it's on a space station". Loved it :).

timofonic
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:18 am

Post by timofonic » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Does it uses AGS? I hope to play it on the Linux port...

Anyone already tried it?

Bobbin
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Germany

Post by Bobbin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:05 pm

timofonic wrote:Does it uses AGS? I hope to play it on the Linux port...

Anyone already tried it?
Yes, it does use AGS 3.21.1115. Brilliant remake so far, exactly the one AGI game I always thought needed a remake. And the way it has been done it really feels like being from Sierra's VGA era.

Collector
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:58 pm
Contact:

Post by Collector » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:40 am

Bobbin wrote:And the way it has been done it really feels like being from Sierra's VGA era.
Agreed.

timofonic
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:18 am

Post by timofonic » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Bobbin wrote:
timofonic wrote:Does it uses AGS? I hope to play it on the Linux port...

Anyone already tried it?
Yes, it does use AGS 3.21.1115. Brilliant remake so far, exactly the one AGI game I always thought needed a remake. And the way it has been done it really feels like being from Sierra's VGA era.
Damn, I need a nerdy week. Too much parties and such these days, I need to compile the AGS runtime and see it works.

Unfortunately, it seems the only sane port are the Android and PSP ones :/

AGS engine Android port

rubejb
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by rubejb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Alright, so I'd love to play some of these remakes. Am I correct to assume that they won't run with SCUMMVM on Android?

Do I need to use the AGS program instead?

And do the other remakes, like the KQ2 and KQ3 also use AGS?

Thanks!

Edit:

Forgot to ask... I'm on the Infamous Adventures site, isn't there another well-known group that makes remakes of Sierra games? And do they also use AGS?

Bobbin
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Germany

Post by Bobbin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:12 pm

rubejb wrote:Alright, so I'd love to play some of these remakes. Am I correct to assume that they won't run with SCUMMVM on Android?
No, not with ScummVM. But there is a AGS port for Android: http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=44768.0

It seems some people already used it to play the SQ2 remake on their Android phones. Any further questions concerning that port are probably best posted on that topic.
rubejb wrote:And do the other remakes, like the KQ2 and KQ3 also use AGS?
I think almost every fan adventure released today uses AGS. Some older fan adventures like SQ0 use AGI and thus are playable with ScummVM.
rubejb wrote: Forgot to ask... I'm on the Infamous Adventures site, isn't there another well-known group that makes remakes of Sierra games? And do they also use AGS?
AGD Interactive: http://www.agdinteractive.com/

They do also use AGS.

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm

AGS isn't a program that you need to run AGS games, it's a game engine. The games come with their own executables to run them. You don't need anything else. They're designed to run on modern systems out of the box.

fuzzie
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by fuzzie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:You don't need anything else. They're designed to run on modern systems out of the box.
.. unless your modern system isn't a Windows machine (such as an Android device), in which case you're going to need an AGS port rather than the Windows executable, no?

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Ah, I missed the part where he said specifically for an Android. My mistake.

robboten
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:26 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by robboten » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:49 pm

The remake works nice on my Android. The only problem is that the engine doesn't support softkeyboard, and by that u can't save. But it's a good start! I'd prefer a scummvm solution but am happy with this step at least!

Post Reply