Blue Force formats

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CaptainJei

Blue Force formats

Post by CaptainJei »

So, now that Blue Force is supported I'm shopping around for a copy, and I'm curious: is the game available as a CD talkie, or is it floppy only?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Moby Games is your friend :-)
Trivia

The CD version of Blue Force is the same as the floppy one - the difference is that the score is also available as CD tracks, in electronic organ version, and the first audio tracks contains an interview with designer Jim Walls, talking on the similarities and differences between the game and real police work.
So, unfortunately no talkie
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

Well, maybe that's not such a bad thing. My intuition tells me had there been voice acting, it probably would've been pretty bad. Maybe.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

Now I'm wondering, is the CD-Audio score played in game, or was it meant as something to listen to outside of the game? I already ordered a CD-ROM copy off Amazon, so I suppose I'll know soon enough.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

CaptainJei wrote:Now I'm wondering, is the CD-Audio score played in game, or was it meant as something to listen to outside of the game? I already ordered a CD-ROM copy off Amazon, so I suppose I'll know soon enough.
The CD audio tracks are just a bonus and not used by the game (as far as I know, anyway).