P910i

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AChalmers

P910i

Post by AChalmers »

So I have installed the EScummVM program onto my P910i. I set up a directory call C on the phone and have put the application into it. I have transferred my monkey island 2 files MONKEY.000 & MONKEY.001 to the internal memory and they are sitting in the 'Other' folder. I now open EScummVM but cant find the game. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy
raina

Post by raina »

Have you tried adding the game to the list of games? I've not actually seen this particular version in action, but on the PC and PocketPC you Add Game... and tell ScummVM the location where to look for supported games, in your case the 'Other' folder you mentioned. ScummVM should recognise the MI2 datafiles and become available on the list to be Started.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

1. See symbian section for this.
2. Adding games is just like on the PC version. I.e you have to locate the other folder on C: which is in C:\documents\media files\other and then it should be detected properly (if you have all the correct game files that is).
3. Easiest way to transfer games is to get a memorycard reader and copy them directly to the memorystick. It will them appear as D: in scummvm and the games can be put in any folder that you wish.
AChalmers

Still stuck lads!

Post by AChalmers »

I thought the C: drive thing should work which is why I am stuck. Do I need to trace to a specific location (i.e. Documents/other) or should it just search the full internal memory for it? Do I need to enter any additional data when in ScummVM or should it work just by select C: and enter?

Cheers for your help

A
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You have to select the folder in which the game files are present. So if your game is on the memorystick that would be d:\foldername for scummvm.
And if its in the other folder then its c:\documents\media files\other for scummvm. use the built in filebrowser to locate it.
AChalmers

Post by AChalmers »

Thanks for the help. I have managed to get it working at last. Feel a wee bit stupid but hadn't worked out the double screen tap to select. Looking good now though.

Cheers again. A