Jump on a Hot Air Balloon and meet Darby the Dragon!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Jump on a Hot Air Balloon and meet Darby the Dragon!

Post by sev »

Take a little break and compose yourself. After tireless weeks of work, the ScummVM team is proud to announce support for two children's adventure games -- Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon and Darby the Dragon -- And on top of that, you can also play some interactive books from the Magic Tales series. So, if you can find your childhood spirit, dig out your copies and enjoy those adorable games.

To play these, you'll need a daily build of ScummVM. Any lurking bugs you find should be reported using our bug tracker, and along the way, please consider making few screenshots, following our guidelines.

We are also looking for additional information on localised versions and Magic Tales books. If you have one which is not recognized by the latest ScummVM daily build, please follow the guidelines here and report this to the team or as a bug.
Last edited by sev on Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Nice, I was waiting for these to be supported. :D

A question -- is Liam Finds a Story the only Magic Tales game that is supported atm (it's the only one written on the wiki), or will all of them run OK? Also, what data files are needed?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

KuroShiro wrote:A question -- is Liam Finds a Story the only Magic Tales game that is supported atm (it's the only one written on the wiki), or will all of them run OK? Also, what data files are needed?
We have some detection entries for everything on the compatibility page on the website. The rest should work in theory, but I don't have them, and no-one else provided md5s yet.

And there's been quite a variety of different sets of data files so far (sigh), so I think "copy everything" is perhaps the best advice for now (although you don't need play.w16/play.w32, the exe files, the installer files and any demo directories).
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Both of these look super cute.

Thank you sev. :)
Islanti

Post by Islanti »

fuzzie wrote:The rest should work in theory, but I don't have them, and no-one else provided md5s yet.
I've submitted md5's for "Princess and the Crab" and "Sleeping Cub" today. I've got the rest coming so expect the md5s over the next week.

Magic Tales: Baba Yaga & the Magic Geese
Magic Tales: The Little Samurai
Magic Tales: Imo & the King
Magic Tales: Liam Finds a Story
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Smothermunchie wrote:Both of these look super cute.

Thank you sev. :)
In fact you should thank fuzzie :)

Eugene
chuckzz

Post by chuckzz »

wanna be one of...

Like the idea of Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon and Darby the Dragon; where can I play it? Is it for free?
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

I bought my copies off amazon for about $3 a pop.