Discworld II Act 1 bug?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pncFreak

Discworld II Act 1 bug?

Post by pncFreak »

After speaking to Casanunda about the ladder, and after looking at the witch in the mortuary - I'm unable to tell Casanunda about the witch. The dialogue choises does not change so I can tell him about "a lady of lower height". Is this a bug? (I'm running 1.3.1 on Windows Mobile 6.5)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I just tried this with the daily version of ScummVM: I went to the shades, inside the house where the witch lies, examined her, then went to the Trolls Head bar, talked to Casanunda (question icon), then the ladder icon popped up, and using that the witch icon appeared, where he went to meet the witch and left his ladder behind...

Perhaps you forgot to examine/use the witch? Or to use the question icon while talking to Casanunda? It seems to work fine here.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Hi md5! :)

Um, no I double-click on the witch and Rincewind utters that she only lies there, so talking to her seem pointless.

I ask Casanunda about the ladder and he says that I will get it if I get him a woman.

I go back once more to doubble-click on the witch and then go back to Casanunda and ask him about the ladder again - to no avail...

But, if it works in the next release I can wait until it gets out, i suppose the next version will be released soon?

Do you have any tentative release date for the next version? Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer to this question elswhere :) I look forward to a week-end of fun!
Last edited by pncFreak on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingsoc

Post by Ingsoc »

pncFreak wrote:Hi md5! :)

Um, no I double-click on the witch and Rincewind utters that she only lies there, so talking to her seem pointless.

I ask Casanunda about the ladder and he says that I will get it if I get him a woman.

I go back once more to doubble-click on the witch and then go back to Casanunda and ask him about the ladder again - to no avail...
You need to examine/look at the witch, you do it by clicking the mouse right button and you get a description.

This part work perfectly fine for both in ScummVM and Dosbox.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Why, of course - double tapping with the stylus is not the same as right cliking with the mouse :) When I used my mapped right click key it worked perfectly, I had forgotten the use of right click. Thank you for reminding me of that!