The One Ring

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Truus999

Post by Truus999 »

Played & completed the game. I noticed nothing wrong but I did skip the arcade part with the sunflowers by letting the Kzinti do that part.

What I did notice was that the game has a lot of storytelling and not that much of gameplay :roll:

Again thanks a lot for supporting the first Tsunami game.

Cheers,
René
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

balpat wrote:May I ask a short question at this point?

I am a collector (much like Collector) and try to have about all adventure games. I bought a CD version of Ringworld but it was essentially just a floppy version on a CD (like Blue Force).

Does a real CD version exist (like for Return to Ringworld)?
I haven't actually played the full Return to Ringworld game yet, but if you're talking about speech, then the Ringworld CD version isn't fully voiced, as you've discovered. The CD versions of Ringworld are somewhat similiar to the floppy version, except that, from what I understand, there's higher quality sound data for the other sound drivers, like the Roland.
holderase

Post by holderase »

Read almost all books on Ringworld few years ago, but haven't heard of ''based-on'' game yet. The story MUST be great.
Thanks for supporting the game with ScummVM!
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

holderase, BTW, there's a sequel using the same engine. So 2 games based on ringworld universe, not only one ;)