My Custom ScummVM PC DVD

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nickman
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Sweden

My Custom ScummVM PC DVD

Post by Nickman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:48 pm


User avatar
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:16 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Post by dreammaster » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:02 am

Nice! I was hoping we'd see a PC version cover. You're a darn good artist.

User avatar
Adventureguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Post by Adventureguy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:55 am

Awesome :o !
This will be a cool cover for my ScummVM DVD case. Great work! :D

User avatar
sev
ScummVM Lead
Posts: 2008
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:06 pm
Contact:

Post by sev » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:39 am

A really nice use of our Web design. Cool thing. :!:

Just a little nit-picking. Our official address is www.scummvm.org.

Eugene

User avatar
glokidd
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: british columbia, canada
Contact:

Post by glokidd » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:42 am

For the heck of it you might want to try donating this to LucasCovers, they could always use some more. the URL is http://covers.mixnmojo.com/

User avatar
Lechuck
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:23 pm

Post by Lechuck » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:23 pm

This is cool :D
We should have our own cover section here at ScummVM where users can upload thier unique covers :)

IMO: You should upload a PSD like I did of my PS2 Cover, that way people can download it and change the text to whatever games they have in thier collection.

Nickman
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Nickman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:37 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments :D

The most hard work wasn't done by me anyway as most grafics are from the scummvm page. But that was my intention.
I wanted to make an "official" dvd cover. I sent 2 pm's to the admins on this forum some weaks ago and asked if anyone would like to have this cover but never got a reply so i posted it in the forum instead.

I'll think about posting the PSD file :wink:

Nickman
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Nickman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:38 pm

sev wrote:A really nice use of our Web design. Cool thing. :!:

Just a little nit-picking. Our official address is www.scummvm.org.

Eugene
I'll change that :) thanks for the heads up.

User avatar
sev
ScummVM Lead
Posts: 2008
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:06 pm
Contact:

Post by sev » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Nickman wrote:I sent 2 pm's to the admins on this forum some weaks ago and asked if anyone would like to have this cover but never got a reply so i posted it in the forum instead.
Of course. Forum Rule #9.


Eugene

Nickman
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Nickman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:26 pm

sev wrote:
Nickman wrote:I sent 2 pm's to the admins on this forum some weaks ago and asked if anyone would like to have this cover but never got a reply so i posted it in the forum instead.
Of course. Forum Rule #9.

Eugene
"9) Do not send questions pertaining to topics of discussion on this board via personal messages or email to Moderators or Admins, they will be ignored."

Don't even understand what that means :shock:

I just wanted to know if the ScummVM team would like to use my cover as a download on the webpage. I offered the psd files and full rights to change it however they wanted :)

I also didn't want to make it public if there was some objections to me using the web grafics without asking first.

QwertyGirl
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:38 am

Post by QwertyGirl » Fri May 05, 2006 6:42 am

Sorry to bump such a old topic, but I am interested in printing this DVD cover of this and using it and was wondering if you made any changes from the original post? Thanks.

Nickman
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Nickman » Fri May 05, 2006 7:46 am

QwertyGirl wrote:Sorry to bump such a old topic, but I am interested in printing this DVD cover of this and using it and was wondering if you made any changes from the original post? Thanks.
No not yet. And probobly wont do in the future either.

QwertyGirl
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:38 am

Post by QwertyGirl » Sun May 07, 2006 2:09 am

What about the PSD file? Are you still going to upload it? Again, sorry.

User avatar
citizeneman
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:09 am
Location: US

Post by citizeneman » Mon May 15, 2006 6:15 am

I also compiled all of my ScummVM compatible games onto one big dvd.
Image
A unique feature in mine is that every game you install, the scummvm.ini file is automatically updated, so it removes some of the hassle.

Nickman
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Nickman » Mon May 15, 2006 11:11 am

citizeneman wrote:I also compiled all of my ScummVM compatible games onto one big dvd.
Image
A unique feature in mine is that every game you install, the scummvm.ini file is automatically updated, so it removes some of the hassle.
? Your cover is updated or is that a launch gui for Scumm.

Post Reply