Discworld Act V. Bug?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ezzetabi

Discworld Act V. Bug?

Post by ezzetabi »

I played Discworld using scummvm. A part one minor problem (the game froze once while stealing the magical stick on Act.I) it worked fine until Act. V.

Now there is no dragon in the plaza! The dragon is in the barn as it was in the previous Acts.
Beside if I take Mambo and I use a lighten firecracker on him it appears the wrong animation and all the crackers disappear from the inventory.

I seeked around the Internet, but it seems none had a such grave problem. I have an buggy discworld copy? Is it a well-known scummvm problem? Am I missing something?

Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

Code: Select all

$ uname -a
Linux rock 2.6.38-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 13 09:24:47 CEST 2011 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
$ scummvm -v
ScummVM 1.2.1 (Jan 17 2011 06:22:01)
Features compiled in: Vorbis FLAC MP3 ALSA SEQ RGB zLib FluidSynth 
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Hi.

This stuff should go to the bug tracker and not on the main forum.
I think you may have this bug and I think it was in the original game aswel, (so not a ScummVM bug).
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I could fix it:
In the file engines/tinsel/tinsel.cpp line 1520 there is a workaround to this very bug, but the code assumes the bug appears only in Discworld 1 PSX.

So I just removed the condition ``TinselV1PSX is true'' so that the workaround is always applied and the game works properly!