Blade Runner design document

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jakejakejake1234

Blade Runner design document

Post by jakejakejake1234 »

Hey there guys, I have been communicating with one of the Scumm devs Praetorian. He is currently working on the restored content version of the blade runner game and being a long time fan of the game I have been giving him some advice on how the game could be further improved. I even gave him some advice on what we could add to the game to make it come closer to the original vision that developers intended, based on interviews and content that remained unfinished and didn't make the cut. So Praetorian suggested that I make design document of the game to further illustrate all the fixes and content we could add to the game to make the experience even more enriching. As I said all these choices are made based on interviews from the devs and content that didn't make the cut and will be made with already existing assets in the game, nothing will be created from scratch here. I'll upload the link to the document here and I would like to get your advice as to whether or not these fixes and content can be implemented. Anyway as Ray McCoy likes to say 'thanks for your time' :D https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zQweyo ... sp=sharing
MarkAmiga500

Re: Blade Runner design document

Post by MarkAmiga500 »

The question every fans based worlwide have is :

Did the Restaured version will be offered in another audio language than English ? (Francais , Spanish for exemple) ?

Edit : Fantastic work you have made (I just checked it briefly...) wow awesome !! well done
Last edited by MarkAmiga500 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

MarkAmiga500 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:06 pm The question every fans based worlwide have is :

Did the Restaured version will be offered in another audio language than English ? (Francais , Spanish for exemple) ?
Restored Content is restored for all versions, and all official versions have the missing cutscenes, animations, and dialogue audio (there are some variations in the audio cues, so special handling is required) in the CDs (for physical boxed release) / data files (for GOG release).

Of course people will have to test and provide feedback as to how well the missing stuff fits, since the restoration is indeed based mainly on the English version.

In ScummVM 2.2.0 (latest official) and development dailies (2.3.0git) the current state of the Restored Content mode should provide an idea about how this works in the official localized versions. Sure, not everything we want is restored yet, but enough is there to give a taste.
MarkAmiga500

Post by MarkAmiga500 »

Praetorian wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:15 pm
MarkAmiga500 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:06 pm The question every fans based worlwide have is :

Restored Content is restored for all versions, and all official versions have the missing cutscenes, animations, and dialogue audio (there are some variations in the audio cues, so special handling is required) in the CDs (for physical boxed release) / data files (for GOG release).

Of course people will have to test and provide feedback as to how well the missing stuff fits, since the restoration is indeed based mainly on the English version.

In ScummVM 2.2.0 (latest official) and development dailies (2.3.0git) the current state of the Restored Content mode should provide an idea about how this works in the official localized versions. Sure, not everything we want is restored yet, but enough is there to give a taste.
I didnt have 5min since the last two years to check the update of the restaured version.
today its the time
I will download the 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 to check this out
freakly excited i am , for me its the best point & click ever made.
Thanks guys
wish you a nice saturday