Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Mon May 12, 2008 5:44 pm
- Forum: PocketPC/WinCE Port
- Topic: Flac vs Ogg vs MP3 - CPU utilization on slower devices
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17067
Have there been any definitive tests done on which compression type has the highest and lowest CPU utilization? I'm in the process of compressing the audio for Broken Sword 2. Using 'compress-sword2.exe', I have the options of Flac, Ogg and MP3. Using music1.clu as an example I get the following fil...
- Thu May 08, 2008 11:13 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Ultimate Broken Sword 2 Setup Guide
- Replies: 52
- Views: 74909
Hey GeorgeStobbart, I was interested in a comment you made about Flac being more CPU intensive to decode vs. Ogg. Do you have any examples of this? The reason I ask is because on my HTC Touch (Elfin), which has a 201 MHz TI OMAP 850, I've experienced the opposite. The reason I would even care is tha...