Tablet (honeycomb 3.0) Version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lan

Tablet (honeycomb 3.0) Version

Post by Lan »

I haven't been able to get my hands on a Xoom yet - but just wondered if the next version will be supported/have better/more support for Android 3.0?

Thanks
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Maybe if you donate some Android 3.0 devices to us? :)
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

i take one too then!

the port works great on my 1st gen galaxy tab, so it should work just fine on your future xoom (also: feedback, kthx)

we currently build the port so its compatible with 1.5 and above. adding something that's only available on a higher API levels has drawbacks too. is there any specific feature(s) you had in mind?
Lan

Post by Lan »

Mines on pre-order!

I tried it on the 3.0 SDK emulator thing and it crashed out as soon as I loaded Atlantis and tried to launch it...

when April comes and hopefully my Xoom too - I will try properly then...

Nothing specific comes to mind that is required - just wanted to make sure it'd work - I've seen a lot of phone apps for my Desire on 2.2 have an 'update' to make it more compatible with 3.0
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Is it possible that those apps you are talking about are backed by professional teams, who have money to pay for testing devices and generally testers?

Because for us, it is very difficult to work on compatibility with devices *before* they appear, as we have no access to them, and emulators only help you a bit, but they don't solve all problems. Plus, the motivation to work in your spare time on support for a device that you may never even hold in your hands, is generally rather low. :)
Lan

Post by Lan »

More than likely :)

I assumed the errors on the emulator were simply because it was an emulator anyway.

I'll let you know how it works when I actually get one to play with :)
Lan

Post by Lan »

at least the google fragments compatibly api thing has been released so they can be tweaked for 1.6 too :)

shame someone can't get a hold of a free device like this: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/goog ... -gdc-2011/

good news is I saw elsewhere someone posted on a forum that scummvm works great on xoom :)
Kraek

Problem with the Xoom

Post by Kraek »

Xoom has no search/camera key so ScummVM for android has no right click feature. Everything else is running fine. Anyone know if I can map my wii remote to work with ScummVM like I do with the NES Emulator?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

you can issue a right click with two fingers with the latest nightly.
and no, no wiimote support.
Lan

Post by Lan »

Got my Xoom last night so will try and test scummVM on it later :)