No Speech in Fate of Atlantis

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

redneon

No Speech in Fate of Atlantis

Post by redneon »

I'm using the VGA CD version of Fate of Atlantis on ScummVM on my phone (HTC Desire) and I'm getting no speech output. Everything else seems to work fine, though.

Any ideas?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: No Speech in Fate of Atlantis

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I don't know about the Android version of ScummVM, but all of the speech in Fate of Atlantis should be in a file called "monster.sou". At least in the DOS CD version of the game. The floppy versions (which I've never seen myself) presumably have little or no speech.

If you have the DOS CD version, did you copy that file to the phone? If you did, check that it didn't get truncated or something like that. If that doesn't help, I have no idea.
redneon

Post by redneon »

The speech file I've got is monster.sof, not monster.sou. Does that make a difference?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

redneon wrote:The speech file I've got is monster.sof, not monster.sou. Does that make a difference?
Well, it makes a difference in that if that's all you have, it's probably a pirated copy rather than an original.
redneon

Post by redneon »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
redneon wrote:The speech file I've got is monster.sof, not monster.sou. Does that make a difference?
Well, it makes a difference in that if that's all you have, it's probably a pirated copy rather than an original.
Heh. Well, I DO own two copies of the game (Amiga and PC CD) but those will be up in the attic somewhere. But you're right, I did download the one I'm using.

After a bit of searching I found that the .sof version is FLAC encoded and there also seems to be a .sog that is OGG encoded. Presumably the Android port doesn't support FLAC yet?