Feeble Files videos not working correctly

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

reisub

Feeble Files videos not working correctly

Post by reisub »

I've just tried out the latest ScummVM on Android (1.2.1 on an HTC Desire Z) and Flight of the Amazon Queen works great. The Feeble Files (2 disc Windows version) however doesn't seem to fair quite so well.

It seems the videos are not being decoded properly, in that they're showing up as interlaced images, side by side, instead of the fields being combined together. The videos are in their original smacker format (smk).

Am I missing a trick or is smacker just not working? Would a re-encode to DXA fair better?

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Feeble Files videos not working correctly

Post by eriktorbjorn »

reisub wrote: It seems the videos are not being decoded properly, in that they're showing up as interlaced images, side by side, instead of the fields being combined together. The videos are in their original smacker format (smk).
I take it the game's start menu and - if you got that far - the graphics once the movies have finished look ok, then? (I don't really know anything about the Android, I was just wondering because The Feeble Files uses 640x400 pixels whereas Flight of the Amazon Queen only uses 320x200.)

I have no idea if DXA makes any difference compared to SMK. I don't see why it would myself. Of course, stranger things have happened but re-encoding them is a rather tedious process.
reisub

Post by reisub »

All other graphics (menus/in-game) appear to be fine*, although I haven't gotten far into it. I'll try DXA in the near future. It may help to rule some things out I guess.

edit: Just noticed there's no encode_dxa.exe with the tools any more, despite the batch files still being present. I think I'll forget that idea then.

*Apart from the aspect ratio; both games are stretched to widescreen. That's a separate issue though, I assume.