Recovering savegames

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tw@in 28

Recovering savegames

Post by Tw@in 28 »

Hello there!

Since a coupla weeks I was running the official SCUMMVM 1.2.0 for Android on my Archos 101IT.
Then the bone puzzle in "The Dig" happened.
Since the official SCUMMVM builds (still) do not support rightclick emulation (to rotate the aforesaid bones), I installed the unofficial SDL one as well. I quickly configured all my settings and then....started fretting to recover my savegames.... :roll:

Since I wouldn't like to root my tablet (I don't want to brick it), I'd be grateful if anyone could help me locating the default directory for the official SCUMMVM saves for The Dig.
I am aware that someone has already said:
Android ScummVM stores scummvmrc in the per-app data area, usually /data/ data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/files/scummvmrc iirc. The per-app restrictive file permissions means you can't 'ls' from a non-root shell, but you can read scummvmrc and savegames if you know the right path (files are publicly readable Android's parent directories are executable but not readable)
....still, I really can't understand where the darn folder is! I manage to blindly reach /data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm folder, then I don't know how to go on....

Thanks in advance. :D
Tw@in 28

Post by Tw@in 28 »

Behold, I figured it out all by myself!! :Didea:
All you have to do is know the exact filename of savegames (i.e. Dig-it.s00 as in my case, "The Dig - Italian version"....I'm studying a bit of acted Italian, just in case I might venture there this easter :P ).

Then, in a terminal emulator, you run:

Code: Select all

cp /data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/app_saves/Dig-it.s00 /mnt/sdcard/Yourfolder/
....and, voilà: your savegame will be backupped into your personal folder! :D

I tried pointing SCUMMVM SDL savepath there and it restored my savegame exactly where I left it. Now I can solve that damn bone puzzle for good!! :P