Broken Sword files

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

roasting

Broken Sword files

Post by roasting »

Hi

Brought the broken sword game off ebay last week, just wanted to know what to do with the files

Files like GENERAL.CLU a folder called streams etc...

Do I just move these to a folder in the memory stick say Brokensword and then locate them with the scummv app. Just wanted to check before or incase I break owt :)

Thanks for any help.
roasting

Post by roasting »

Ok update, got it working but there is no sound only text is this a common problem and any ideas how to fix it.

Files for speech seem to be

SPEECH.dat
SPEECH.txt
SPEECH.LIS
SPEECH.TAB

Are they the correct files and any idea on what the problem can be.

Thanks for any help, superb app by the way, just love me broken sword brings back so many memories. :) appy days (hopefuly if i can get the speech working)

EDIT: there is sound sorry no 'speech'
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Well for starters go here to see which files are needed off the CD's.

As for no speech, I guess you're missing SPEECH1.CLU and SPEECH2.CLU from the CD's but this is just a guess (look for SPEECH.CLU on CD1 and rename to SPEECH1.CLU, same for CD2).
roasting

Post by roasting »

My game comes on one disk? is this normal?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

If it's a DVD, possibly. There were some other postings in the General Discussion or Help and Support forums saying Sold Out had started bundling the ScummVM executable with Broken Sword. As I don't have this version of the game I don't know how many discs are supplied. My original release versions of Broken Sword come on 2 CD's for each game.

Edit: It looks like the new twin pack of Broken Sword from Sold Out software does come on a DVD, do you have this edition?
roasting

Post by roasting »

Yes m8 it is the sold out version.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Well there's a post in the General forum (here) about this DVD version of Broken Sword. It looks like everything is pre-packaged on the DVD ready for ScummVM, so you shouldn't need to do much to get it up and running. So, if SPEECH1.CLU and SPEECH2.CLU are missing then go back to the DVD and re-copy them to the memory stick.