Command & Conquer support?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

woodbear

Command & Conquer support?

Post by woodbear »

Hi there :wink:
I have the Biggest crush on the C&C series! and i wonder, if the First and maybe C&C redalert be supported sometime?
I know EA might not support this... but i really really want this!

I have done some programming in my past... have not seen at the source.. but if there is guides of how this work... i can take a look at it...
hate to just jump in a project...

thanx
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

ScummVM is not a general purpose virtual machine for games (like dosbox), it's a re-implementation of adventure game interpreters (think of it as re-coding what's in all the EXE files of the supported games)... Therefore, the C&C series is completely out of scope and will most probably never be supported...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

freecnc is dead though. also the devs suggested a rewrite for further work IIRC.
Big Bottom

Post by Big Bottom »

You can always buy the new C&C collection that has every C&C game to date with updated code to run on todays systems.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Big Bottom wrote:You can always buy the new C&C collection that has every C&C game to date with updated code to run on todays systems.
Let me guess... you really meant "Windows systems", right? Or did they make versions for Linux and Mac (not to mention all the othere OSes and platforms out there) :-)