Scumm no longer working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Washac2

Scumm no longer working

Post by Washac2 »

Hi All

Went to use Scumm on my PSP tonight only to find that it no longer works.

It loads the Scumm screen and then locks up, then my PSP turns itself off.

Used to work :(

If it helps I have a PSP slim System Software 5.00 M33-4

Any ideas anybody ?

Tried re-installing v1.1.1 & v1.2.0 to memstick to no avail, tried it another memstick, still no good :(

All my other emulators work fine....
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

One possibility is that you didn't delete all of the plugin files when installing the new version. It's essential to delete every plugin file in the /plugins directory before installing a new version with new plugins ie. it's not enough just to copy over the files.
Washac2

Post by Washac2 »

Bluddy wrote:One possibility is that you didn't delete all of the plugin files when installing the new version. It's essential to delete every plugin file in the /plugins directory before installing a new version with new plugins ie. it's not enough just to copy over the files.
Hi

Thanks for the reply, but I did say that I did a re-install on two separate memcards, not an overwrite.

I deleted everything on both cards and then installed V1.1.1 when this did not work
I then deleted all files and installed V1.2.0 which also did not work.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

For me it works great. Did you try the latest subversion build?

Here it is:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/t ... st.tar.bz2

I am using a PSP slim with 5.00 m33-4 too. Maybe the config file scummvm.ini on the Root of your MS is corrupted. Delete it and try again. That solved this Problem once before for me.
Washac2

Post by Washac2 »

McKnallski wrote:For me it works great. Did you try the latest subversion build?

Here it is:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/t ... st.tar.bz2

I am using a PSP slim with 5.00 m33-4 too. Maybe the config file scummvm.ini on the Root of your MS is corrupted. Delete it and try again. That solved this Problem once before for me.
Hi

I do not know what happened here, but I came home from work, picked up my
PSP which had been left as I left it last night with Scumm not working. I turned it
on and low and behold it is now all working OK. I have no idea why it stopped
working and now it is again.

Nightly builds, hmmm, tried theses on other things in the past and come unstuck, so I leave them alone.

Thanks for your reply and others :)