ScummVM Channel FINAL - IOS58 Support / SVN / Download Now!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mr_Nick666

ScummVM Channel FINAL - IOS58 Support / SVN / Download Now!

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Youtube video here.

App: ScummVM Forwarder
App Description: The forwarder will attempt to load (in this order):
sd:\apps\scummvm\boot.elf
sd:\scummvm\boot.elf
sd:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
sd:\scummvm\boot.dol
usb:\apps\scummvm\boot.elf
usb:\scummvm\boot.elf
usb:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
usb:\scummvm\boot.dol
Channel Name: ScummVM
Channel ID: SCUM
Blocks: 13
Type: Animated (brlyt file customised by wilsoff and graphics by Mr_Nick666)
Forwarder: Tantric
Wii Settings: Working
SDHC Compatible: Yes
Tested by: Mr_Nick666/wilsoff/Tantric

What's new?

NEW logo!
Fixed widescreen stretching of some characters.
Fixed widescreen on splash loading screen.
Channel now titled ScummVM.
IOS58 support (thanks to Tantric)
Support for Nightly Builds.
Other minor things!

Mediafire: Download

Please uninstall any older version of this Channel as it has the same ID, but uses a different IOS. If you try and just over install it it will stop and give you an error. :shock:
Last edited by Mr_Nick666 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The video looks nice :) well done!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

But why does this still use our *old* logo? :-(
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

fingolfin wrote:But why does this still use our *old* logo? :-(
That damndable big S!! I didn't realise it had changed... I'll edit the Channel and replace it. Totally missed that one. :roll:

Download removed until it's sorted... (the ever present danger of including the word "FINAL" in a title...) :shock:
KainXVIII

Post by KainXVIII »

Waiting..again :twisted:
Brainworm

Post by Brainworm »

Need it please!!! :twisted: :twisted:
raschi

Post by raschi »

Yeah, what a tease;)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I'd get your money back guys if I was you. Disgraceful public relations team you have Nick :wink:
obcd

Post by obcd »

I am having a strange issue when I am using the forwarder (still the one with the little s). If I launch the scummvm boot.dol from sd:/apps/scummvm, everything works fine. If I launch it from the usb1:/apps/scummvm, The program fails to mount the usb harddisk. Due to that, it can't find scummvm.ini, and I am unable to add a game from the harddisk. I was wondering if someone else experiences the same issues, and if there is a fix for it before I digg deeper into the problem.
If I launch the program with the homebrew channel, the same happens. If I launch it with wiixplorer, everything works fine. So, it's not specific related to the forwarder, but I was hoping that Nick might have some ideas after he finished answering his fanmails. :)
raschi

Post by raschi »

obcd wrote:I am having a strange issue when I am using the forwarder (still the one with the little s). If I launch the scummvm boot.dol from sd:/apps/scummvm, everything works fine. If I launch it from the usb1:/apps/scummvm, The program fails to mount the usb harddisk. Due to that, it can't find scummvm.ini, and I am unable to add a game from the harddisk. I was wondering if someone else experiences the same issues, and if there is a fix for it before I digg deeper into the problem.
If I launch the program with the homebrew channel, the same happens. If I launch it with wiixplorer, everything works fine. So, it's not specific related to the forwarder, but I was hoping that Nick might have some ideas after he finished answering his fanmails. :)
Install ios58 perhaps?
obcd

Post by obcd »

Thanks for the suggestion.

My HBC 108 says that it is running on IOS58 V24.31.

So, I assume that the IOS is installed.

I also notice that the forwarder takes a long time to load the scummvm boot.dol, while wiixplorer launches it very fast. Maybe wiixplorer is caching the disc, but I doubt it.

I almost think that the forwarder is using USB 1.1 and wiixplorer USB 2.0

HBC is supposed to use IOS58 as well. The load times are also slow when I use it to launch the scummvm boot.dol.

I have no idea where to start looking for the differences between those different methods to launch homebrew.
raschi

Post by raschi »

Are you using the new forwarder which was removed, or the old one?
If you are using the new one, it shouldn't be necessary to rename boot.elf to boot.dol.
If you are using the old forwarder, you must rename boot.elf to boot.dol. Do not "convert" to boot.dol
obcd

Post by obcd »

It might be a stupid question, but how do I know which version of the forwarder I am using?
I just checkd with the HBC, and it seems to load the program faster as well. The program is just having problems to access it's boot disk when I launch it like that. Besides that, I don't like my daughter to mess around with the HBC, as it can be used to launch dangerous applications like the wadinstallers as well.

If the scummvm file would be in the wrong format, would it still launch with the forwarder?
raschi

Post by raschi »

Try this:

Download and run WiiMC ios 202 installer 1.1 (google)
Download newest ScummVM 1.2.0, extract to SD and make a copy of boot.elf. Rename this copy to boot.dol so that you have both boot.elf and boot.dol in scummvm folder.

Hopefully this should work.

edit: Yeah I see what you mean now with boot.dol on usb.
The old forwarder doesn't play nice with boot.dol on usb for me neither. Works fine from HBC though.

You really should just wait for the new forwarder:(
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Wasn't that WiiMC ios 202 a custom ios to unlock USB 2.0? The one made by KWiirk? Just trying to find it on Wiibrew I see the page has been deleted.
Team Twiizers recent addition of USB 2.0 is much more elegant as it uses Nintendo's USB 2.0 which had been introduced with one of the balance board games.