No mouse click and characters cant move screen to screen

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Spw

No mouse click and characters cant move screen to screen

Post by Spw »

Such a huge fan of scummvm so was devistated when I found the games unplayable on my Samsung Epic...Then, I was quickly reassured by scumm's mission to ever-rebuild its program striving for the best so I'm hopin for an update in the near future to fix. On my epic:

1. I can move mouse cursor with direction arrows but no button is recognized as click. Most games I tried accept a screen tap as a click so this is easily ignored.

2. What makes the games I tried unplayable (I tried 5 different games) is the screen size ratio or something where no matter how far to the edge I click, it is not far enough to be recognized as a command to "move to the next screen" so in all games, my character is stuck on the opening screen and can never move to the next.

Much love to the scumm team and kudos for what looks like an awesome droid version. If time allows tho, bring us epic users into the game. Thanks
striderkog

same problem on my HTC EVO

Post by striderkog »

First of all, I would like to personally thank anyone who has made playing these timeless classics on my phone possible. It is absolutely amazing to have the capability to revisit these games on my couch while my wife watches romantic comedies and reruns of friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you (insert pa announcement made by roger wilco's captain at the beginning of SQ6)

Anyway, I have no problems with the "newer" games (think dott and the secret of monkey island) but the old ones, specifically space and kings quests 1-4, are unplayable. This is due to not being able to click far enough to the left to left to enter the next screen. I don't know why this is an issue, cause I can move the characters to the right and change the screen soooo...

Again I appreciate this emulator so much, just wanted to make the programmers aware of this issue.[/img]
Spw

agreed

Post by Spw »

Yea the older games were the ones I tried...kings quest, quest for glory, etc. Ideally

1. an update to the software would be made where a button on the phone keyboard could be a working right and left mouse button (on my phone at least no button works (epic)).

2. Screen problem would be fixed which prevens moving next screen left and next screen right.

3. It would be easier to trigger the top drop down menu to drop in games like kings quest to toggle between walk talk look and take. It takes me a lot of taps before I can find the right place to get menu to drop.

4. When phone rings, instead of running in the background and being able to continue where left off, scumm shuts down and must be reopend, game restarted, and hopefully was saved within minutes of the call that knocked u off scumm so there's not too much backtracking. Maybe find a way to keep program running during call.

All in all tho I'm still amazed by the job done by the scumm team. When these issues are fixed, scumm android will make my year. Everyone, let's get in some donations which are due for the work done to keep our childhood memories alive and kicking.