Bobdevis' Diablo and Hellfire project

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

u

complete credits listing of the of Diablo 1.09 patch

Post by u »

Hello.

Below follows the credits listing of the of Diablo 1.09:
* credits (diablo 1.09).

The credits are located in the resource "TEXT_FILES/IDR_CREDITS" of the diabloui.dll.

You can use a resource editor to extract them. I'm using PEiD with XN Resource Editor from BobSoft.

The credit resource file in diabloui.dll hasn't been updated since Diablo version 1.00. The file is identical in version 1.00, 1.04, 1.07, 1.08 and 1.09.

Are the additional names displayed from the main menu credits, or some other place?

Below follows the credits resource file from hellfrui.dll:
* credits (hellfire 1.00)
* credits (hellfire 1.01)

--- [ patch for using sdl surfaces ] ---

The game compiles fine using ddtgrfx_sdl_opengl.cpp but ddtgrfx_sdl_surface.cpp needed a few changes.

Below is a patch for using sdl surfaces (based on ddt20110724.tar.gz):
* sdl_surfaces.patch

cheers /u
bobdevis

Re: complete credits listing of the of Diablo 1.09 patch

Post by bobdevis »

Fantastic, thanks!
u wrote: Are the additional names displayed from the main menu credits, or some other place?
The mobygames list does not have the "Ring of Thousand" entry at the end for example. Those additions was what I was looking for.
u wrote: --- [ patch for using sdl surfaces ] ---
Yeah, that piece of code is not current.
It is not quite possible to make it feature-complete, at least not with the current SDL, so I abandoned it for now.

Anyway, I am busy rearranging stuff.
Alpha One will have proper header files and a more pleasant induce chain and a more elaborate source directory structure.
I'm afraid that I am not quire ready for 3rd party patches yet.
Julianu3

Post by Julianu3 »

As it is now, I only use 2 header files and they are basically just holding a lot of integer and float name defines.
For the rest the whole thing is header-less at the moment. It has been nice because you can change stuff faster this way.
First of all, bobdevis, I would like to thank you for doing such a wonderful of bringing back an old classic, wich is Diablo, to life using the amazing Scumm.

I found this topic through googling and this thread seems quite old so I apologize for bringing it up. I also saw another thread here ( diablo 3 barbarian skills list), and I was wondering if you were the creator of such program?

Also, I would like to know if you could release the content of your header files since I am really looking forward to it. I am a programmer myself and I might be able to tweak your code a bit.

Thanks for your time,

Shoot me a PM if theres anything.
u

Re: complete credits listing of the of Diablo 1.09 patch

Post by u »

bobdevis wrote:Anyway, I am busy rearranging stuff.
Alpha One will have proper header files and a more pleasant induce chain and a more elaborate source directory structure.
I'm afraid that I am not quire ready for 3rd party patches yet.
I am looking forward to reviewing your source code after the rearrangements have been made. How is it going? Haven't heard from you in a while.

This is still a very interesting project.

cheers /u
qualakon

Post by qualakon »

I created an account on this site just for this!

This looks like an awesome project and I would love to continue working on it. I can provide free webspace for its own forum and wiki type areas.

I can work with mod makers to add special gameplay and content.
I'd love to work with you to make a Windows exe for this.

For a mod that is pushing the boundaries of the regular Diablo/Hellfire engine, check out Diablo The Hell.

Home Page
English Forums
Wiki

Mordor, Yarik and The Hell team have done a great job at rebalancing, recapturing that dark atmosphere and introducing new features. Not only have they added plenty of new uniques and even set items, they have been adding quests that were removed from the game.

I'm very interested in keeping the modding community about Diablo/Hellfire alive and active. It'd be good to see some more progress come out of here.
kim666

Post by kim666 »

There is another diablo 1 remake projekt at youtube search for user 86marsky or "diablo 1 mod 86marsky"

works fine but only single player atm.
qualakon

Khanduras.net

Post by qualakon »

Simply because this is the forum that started it, thank you kim666. I can say it's been a journey since first finding out about what was then called marsky's remake. It now goes by Chochlik and you can find a little bit more information at my site: Khanduras.net. I don't want to spam so that's all I'll say for now. You can go to my blog to see more.