Simon series : answer choices in dialog not showing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Elf des coquillages

Simon series : answer choices in dialog not showing

Post by Elf des coquillages »

First, many thanks for the folks here who made / ported this fine piece of software.

Second, my little problem. Whenever in the two Simon the Sorcerer games I am asked to choose an answer in a list of potential punchy lines, well... all I see is a couple of "([" characters at the beginning of each sentence. And that's all. Quite hard to make a wise choice then. ^_^'

I am playing on / with the following :
- Nokia 6630
- scummvm-060106-SymbianS60v2_all.sis (0.8.2 was barely playable for me due to the intensive "lost focus syndrome")
- Simon games DOS Floppy version

Is it a known bug or is it only happening to me ? Is there any workaround ?

Edit : Just saw this. Seems like I am not the only one after all. Not with the cvs build, but also on a Symbian system.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Have n't seen this one before. So will have to find some time to see if its in the symbian backend or in the simon engine. Btw.. the 0.8.2 version has the same backend as the cvs versions so when it comes to focus handling it should be the same.
skedone

Post by skedone »

i get the smae thing on my 6680 and my old 6600 but software is fine on my pc strange problem this one i tell u

also hi anotherguest good to say u have taken the challage of scummvm (i wondered why it came on leaps and bounds so fast ) this is first time i have look u up in a long wile i was testing your picodrive emu back since first release
and i advertised it for u on my website (n-gage-help.com) but nice to see you are still in the game so what other emus do u have up your sleave ???

sorry for off topic post but i can remeber your other fav forum now days , not been online for about 9 mounths