iPhone 2G 3.1.3 problem with ScummVM 1.2.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

samueltsherman

iPhone 2G 3.1.3 problem with ScummVM 1.2.0

Post by samueltsherman »

I recently downloaded and installed v 1.2.0 on my iPhone 2G running firmware 3.1.3. ScummVM crashes immediately upon startup. I have restarted my phone, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled ScummVM but it still crashes.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Also, does anyone have any tips on troubleshooting?

Thanks
hagbard

Post by hagbard »

I have the same problem on my iphone 2G. Any Ideas how to resolve this or how to reinstall the "older" but working scummvm version?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Any error output in /var/mobile/.scummvm.log?
SuperBaobab

Post by SuperBaobab »

I have the same problem with my iPod Touch 2G with the 4.1 firmware.
The older version of ScummVM works fine.
There is no error in the log file, nothing.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I'll try to reproduce.

If anyone wants to enable the syslog and take a look, that might help as well: http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.ph ... yslogd&db=

The previous version is available here, by the way: http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/scummvm-1.1.1-iphone.deb
SuperBaobab

Post by SuperBaobab »

Vinterstum wrote:If anyone wants to enable the syslog and take a look, that might help as well: http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.ph ... yslogd&db=
I enable the syslog :

Code: Select all

Oct 24 04:41:35 iPod-Florian com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:org.scummvm.scummvm[0x1097][99]): (UIKitApplication:org.scummvm.scummvm[0x1097]) Exited: Killed
Oct 24 04:41:35 iPod-Florian com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:org.scummvm.scummvm[0x1097]): (UIKitApplication:org.scummvm.scummvm[0x1097]) Throttling respawn: Will start in 2147483647 seconds
Oct 24 04:41:35 iPod-Florian SpringBoard[18]: Application 'ScummVM' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed
:?
Vinterstum wrote:The previous version is available here, by the way: http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/scummvm-1.1.1-iphone.deb
This version works fine.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Hrm works fine on all my devices (iPhone 4 running firmware 4, iPod 1G running 3.1.2 and iPad running 3.2).

Can anyone confirm that it still doesn't work if they completely uninstall ScummVM, reinstall it, then reboot the device?

The only thing I could imagine, is if some particular devices have issues with the changes done to Info.plist to enable the backgrounding stuff. Anyone feel like trying the new version, but copying in Info.plist from the older version?
SuperBaobab

Post by SuperBaobab »

Vinterstum wrote:Can anyone confirm that it still doesn't work if they completely uninstall ScummVM, reinstall it, then reboot the device?
It still doesn't work.
Vinterstum wrote:The only thing I could imagine, is if some particular devices have issues with the changes done to Info.plist to enable the backgrounding stuff. Anyone feel like trying the new version, but copying in Info.plist from the older version?
I replace the info.plist with the 1.1.1 version and it still doesn't work. :(
trancos

Post by trancos »

Same problem here with my iPod Touch 2G with the 4.1 firmware.
I tried uninstalling-reinstalling. When I uninstall and it ask for confirmation it shows "Disk using 0.0 B".
Any idea?
The previous version is available here, by the way: http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/scummvm-1.1.1-iphone.deb
This version works fine for me too.
rboerdijk

Post by rboerdijk »

Same here, first model iPhone with FW 3.1.3 - quits almost immediately after launching it. Gonna try the previous version ...
kolokbmk

Post by kolokbmk »

Same problem for me with a 3GS device FW 3.1.3
Previous version of scummvm works fine.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I really have no idea here :/. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

Anyone who reads this who successfully runs v1.2, can you post your device model and firmware, please? :)
K_Dash

Post by K_Dash »

Guys, I have exactly the same trouble with my iPhone 3G v.4.1 firmware. What could it be ? :(
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

1.2 on my iPod Touch 1G with firmware 3.1.2 working perfectly, however I tried a daily build (tried uploading via SFTP and iPhone explorer) and and this one's crashing right at startup as well. No idea if that's the same problem or something entirely different though...
synoptic

Post by synoptic »

I have the same issue on a 3GS 4.01

closes right after opening.