Discworld 2 - Data Not Found

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

maladroid wrote: Only problem is, the picture seems to be slightly mispotitioned towards the left side, but that's fine - I just miss the first letter of the captions here and there.
That may be a simple matter of needing to adjust your monitor. When running in fullscreen, ScummVM has to change your screen resolution, and at least my old monitor had to be adjusted separately for each resolution. (I rarely run things in fullscreen these days, partly because my window manager has this stupid idea that it then needs to rearrange and change the sizes of my other windows.)
maladroid wrote: Edit: Crazy update: after I managed to get it running through the command-promt, the game now works fine on windows as well :shock: I kept the identification option to DOS and running ScummVM under Windows didn't break the spell, so no need to mess with the command-promt anymore, I guess. This is insane, I didn't change a single thing since my last attempt and the problem just went away!
That's strange. The only reasons I can think of is if you had the game added more than once, and one of the entries were pointed to the wrong folder (but you've already checked that, so it shouldn't be), or if you have an older version of ScummVM installed and were accidentally using that one (but that would probably have produced a different error message). So basically, I'm just out of ideas.