New features to test

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

:D :D :D :D :shock: :D :D :D :D
Good News! I am looking forward to finally play Urban Runner on the PSP. Can´t wait for tomorrow. Thanks again for your great work.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Just to make sure (so you're not disappointed), you have a PSP-2000 or 3000 or Go, right? Because there's a memory bug with getting Urban Runner working on the 1000 that DrMcCoy is working on.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

I have both, 1000 and 2000. But primary I use the 2000. I´ve already tested it (short) and it works great.

By the way there is a possibility to sign Hombrews for the PSP, so they run on every Official Firmware. The signing Tools can sign many Homebrews but ScummVM does not work. I think many people would love to get a signed ScummVM.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Signing doesn't work with ScummVM because of the way we do the plugins. Or more precisely, to make the plugins work we have to use non-relocatable code, and signing doesn't work with that.

It's possible to change the way the plugins work, but it's a LOT of work for a very small audience. With HBL and custom firmwares easily available, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the effort. Not to mention that I currently don't have the time to put into making such a change. Sorry.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

That´s OK. Was just an Idea.

But I found a critical (PSP specific) Bug in Urban Runner.

When I Save the Game, the PSP writes the Savefiles (into the correct Directory) but don´t show up in the Load Screen.

When I import the Savefiles into the Windows Version of ScummVM, they show up and load correctly. The whole Problem does not occur in the Windows Version.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Hmm I remember something like this in another game. I think it was a capitalization problem of some sort.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Ok. I´ve downloaded the official 1.3.0 release and finally it worked. Loading of Savegames without any Problems.

Later I updated to a nightly Build and it still worked fine.

Yesterday I again updated to the latest nightly Build and the Bug was back!

Then I again installed the official 1.3.0 Release and the Bug was still there. Very Odd. How is this possible?
This Version worked previously.

[EDIT]
Ok. I´ve found something interesting. The Gamefiles are the following:

CD1.ITK
CD1.STK
CD2.ITK
CD3.ITK
CD4.ITK
INTRO.STK
OBJET1.ITK

Now when I delete only one of the CD?.ITK, the loading of Savegames works again. Even with the latest nightly Build. No matter, which of the CD.ITK Files.

When I create a 0 Byte File to replace the deleted File, the Bug occurs too.

So, it seems the Bug was never gone. It was still there all the Time. But for testings I did not completely copy the Game Files to my MS.