NEW! Pleae help test ScummVM DS 1.2.0 beta1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

NEW! Pleae help test ScummVM DS 1.2.0 beta1

Post by agentq »

Hi,

It's coming up to release time again for the whole ScummVM team, which means new versions of your favourite software, including ScummVM DS.

Please download the new beta version here, and let me know how it goes. Please post your experiences with the new version here, good or bad.

This release contains six months of bugfixing and improvements from the whole ScummVM team, so it´s important that it´s well tested and we know of any bugs that still exist so we can fix them before release.

Everything needs to be done by Friday 8th, so please get testing and let me know what still needs work.

New Features

* New games are supported as part of the stable build:
- Fascination (untested)

Download: http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummv ... 0beta1.zip

Supported Games

Build A:

Manic Mansion
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
Passport to Adventure
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Bear Stormin' (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (DOS version only)

Build B:

Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Build C:

Simon the Sorcerer 1/2
Elvira 1/2
Waxworks (Amiga version only)

Build D:

Sierra AGI games
Gobliiins 1 - 3
Bargon Attack
Ween: The Prophecy
Future Wars
Lost in Time
Fascination

Build E:

Inherit the Earth (floppy version only)

Build F:

Kyrandia 1

Build G:

Lure of the Temptress

Build H:

Nippon Safes

Build I:

Return to Zork
Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2
Manhole
Rodney's Funscreen (untested)

Build K:

Cruise for a Corpse
Last edited by agentq on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
another world

Post by another world »

seems like this release was missed by many people. we have already missed your deadline, agentq. i will try to get some debugging done soon and post my results. hopefully the problems i had on the last build are now fixed =).

the download link is reverting to 1.1.0 b1, is this correct?

-another world
Last edited by another world on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yes, there seemed to be no interest in this build. Maybe I should promote it more prominently. Perhaps using a mailing list?
another world

Post by another world »

agentq wrote:Yes, there seemed to be no interest in this build. Maybe I should promote it more prominently. Perhaps using a mailing list?
You can always let me know on GBATemp via PM and I will give you a front page post. I am about to do that now after I have the file download sorted.

-Another World
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Ok. While I can obviously still fix issues that are found, I have submitted the final build of 1.2.0 already so any fixes will need to be made available in the next version.

Although, if anything really serious is found I can probably argue for another release with the ScummVM leads.
another world

Post by another world »

the link for http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummvm1-2-0beta1.zip is actually pointing to scummvm1-1-0beta1.zip, which i assume is not correct?

-another world
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Whoa - that's wierd. The filename was spelt incorrectly, so the server seemed to be returning a file with a similar name! That's why I didn't notice the problem when I posted the file.

Fixed now - but I suppose that means that this release has had zero testing. Not the best situation.
another world

Post by another world »

are you now releasing at the same time as the PC port of scummvm? is that why you will wait for any other fixes to be included with the next version or did i misunderstand you.

thanks for fixing the file. i will have a front page post up on gbatemp shortly. hopefully it will help. koj (pdroms.de) usually doesn't miss a homebrew, hopefully he will get something posted soon as well.

-another world
2-bias

Post by 2-bias »

agentq wrote:Yes, there seemed to be no interest in this build. Maybe I should promote it more prominently. Perhaps using a mailing list?
maybe a news entry on the official page would help :)
i found this through GBATemp though im looking on drunkencoders from time to time
MarcusRaven

Post by MarcusRaven »

Build A (the only one I'm interested in due to the game list) does not load on my EZFlash-Vi. I get white screens, and then a black screen littered with yellow and blue "clusters" I guess I would call them.

Is this an EZFlash-Vi thing, or something with this?
another world

Post by another world »

MarcusRaven wrote:Build A (the only one I'm interested in due to the game list) does not load on my EZFlash-Vi. I get white screens, and then a black screen littered with yellow and blue "clusters" I guess I would call them.

Is this an EZFlash-Vi thing, or something with this?
Hello MarcusRaven,
Sadly the EZ Team has some homebrew problems with the EZ Vi and the iSmart Premium (official OEM copy). I have read that there are some issues directly related to the DLDI file. I recently reviewed the iSmart Premium and was unable to get any builds of ScummVMDS working.

I think, perhaps, you should contact the EZ Flash Team. (sales@ezflash.cn).

Perhaps AgentQ knows more and will also comment.

-Another World
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

agentq wrote:Whoa - that's wierd. The filename was spelt incorrectly, so the server seemed to be returning a file with a similar name! That's why I didn't notice the problem when I posted the file.

Fixed now - but I suppose that means that this release has had zero testing. Not the best situation.
I don't know if it would apply to the DS build but when 1.20 was forked for testing unlike usually where any game can be tested the testing list was made up of games 'that have had significant changes to their codebase since the last release.'

Looking down the list I believe that would mean these game.
Waxworks (build C)
Gobliiins series (build D)
Lure of the Temptress (build G)
Nippon Safes (build H)
7 AGI games:- (build D)
The Black Cauldron
The Gold Rush
King's Quest 4
LS Larry 1
Manhunter 1
Space Quest 1
Space Quest 2

I can report that Fascination, Waxworks, the 3 Goblins games, Lure of the Temptress, The Gold Rush, LS Larry 1, Manhunter 1 and both Space Quests do at least start OK - if that's any consolation.
InnocentBystander

Post by InnocentBystander »

I don't know about anyone else, but the main thing I'm hoping to see in the next big release of the DS version is SCI support. Now that it's officially in the main ScummVM release, is there any hope of seeing it on the DS version?

Maybe we could at least support for the SCI 1.0 and 1.5 games (such as Space Quest III, Quest for Glory 1 & 2, etc) even if we can't get the VGA games going yet?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Heh you mean SCI0 and SCI0.1?
another world

Post by another world »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Heh you mean SCI0 and SCI0.1?
please forgive me for my ignorance as i am not that well versed in the supported engines. with the addition of the SCI0 - SCI1.1 support to v1.2.0 of scummvm, will any of the supported games work on the nds? i'm thinking of the EGA games mostly. perhaps these engines use a resolution the nds can not support?

thanks for any additional information,
-another world