No sound on PSP

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Allandor

No sound on PSP

Post by Allandor »

I have a PSP with firmware 2.6
using the latest eboot-loader 0.95 (gta-hack) scummvm runs. But if I start monkey island, there is no sound or music.
I have the normal dos version (floppy). Monkey Island 2 has the same problems.

are there any options to get it running with sound
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

It should run with sound by default.
This might be a bug in the loader you're using.
Allandor

Post by Allandor »

joostp wrote:It should run with sound by default.
This might be a bug in the loader you're using.
mhh.. maybe, but I've got sound in the snes emulator

but I've detected another bug, scummvm only loads if the eloader gta-savegames loads at gta-startup. gta only loads the eloader-savegame when I copy it manually.
otherwise the psp hangs up
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

You're better off reporting these things to the people that make the eboot loader.

None of these problems exist on 1.00 and 1.50 firmware PSPs, so it's obviously a deficiency of the loader.
Lewman

Post by Lewman »

It is a problem with the eloader rather than the scumm port. However intrestingly the sound works fine in a modified version of the scummvm someone posted on the psp3d forums a couple weeks ago, although a number of the games like MI3 and sam and max do crash. So kind of a catch22 situation.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Lewman wrote:It is a problem with the eloader rather than the scumm port. However intrestingly the sound works fine in a modified version of the scummvm someone posted on the psp3d forums a couple weeks ago, although a number of the games like MI3 and sam and max do crash. So kind of a catch22 situation.
Do you have a link for this?
Lewman

Post by Lewman »

http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=4059&page=2

Files on the 3rd post of that thread.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

*sigh* that's not a modified version, but a very old one, and it indeed contains a ton of bugs and doesn't support games such as COMI.
Too bad I can't erase it from the internet.
Lewman

Post by Lewman »

Aww ok... I assumed when i saw the words beta that someone had done something to the eboot file but obviously wrong! Thanks for looking into that tho :)
Allandor

Post by Allandor »

joostp wrote:*sigh* that's not a modified version, but a very old one, and it indeed contains a ton of bugs and doesn't support games such as COMI.
Too bad I can't erase it from the internet.
maybe it is an old version, but if it works I'm happy until the next eloader release ^^

it is worth a try I think

edit:
now... this does not work on my psp :( ... than without sound and wait for the next eloader version of the gta hack
grin.ch

yea

Post by grin.ch »

I also had a problem with the sound. I tried adjusting it while I was playing and it got worse and then died out. I tried reinstalling my ScummVM, games, starting my games over, nothing worked until I removed the config file. Then, I started ScummVM back up, had to reinstall the games throught its menu, then it reconfigured and it works fine now. Just don't mess with the sound settings... eBoot loader kinda stinks anyway, it messes up the software. I noticed after a while, when I had my 2.0, it would crash more and more often. I did the mph downgrader; it was too much of a pain in the a** to reboot everytime I wanted to play a homebrew. 1.5 ROCKS!!!
kraft

Post by kraft »

youre not going to get a well working scumm port for psp until fanjita updates his eLoader, you can get sound through an old version of scummvm but youll get bugs that make otehr games work bad, you can either get that result or play it how it is until fanjita release a better working version of the eLoader
Nemesis-Berlin

Post by Nemesis-Berlin »

With the new eloader ("Bière d'Alsace" edition) work now the Sound by the ScummVM 0.8.2
http://files.fanjita.org/psp/eloader096.exe