It's Time for ScummVM 1.2.0 Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

I've got an SCI error to report.

Conquests of the Longbow gives me this error on startup:
shl on non-integer (ffff:0000, 0000:0000) from method Longbow:doit (script 994, room 803, localCall ffff)

This is with the latest SVN (52814).

I know that the game used to run fine.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Bluddy wrote:I've got an SCI error to report.

shl on non-integer (ffff:0000, 0000:0000) from method Longbow:doit (script 994, room 803, localCall ffff)

Weird, it still works fine for me. (VGA version 1.000 patched, same revision).
Last edited by KuroShiro on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: Loom
Game Version: PC-Engine/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 52814 (--enable-release used)

Problems: None. Plays perfectly as far as I can tell.

You might want to include a little information somewhere about the tools used to extract the data files from the disc though. It could be a bit confusing to people not familiar with their use.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

KuroShiro wrote:
Bluddy wrote:I've got an SCI error to report.

Weird, it still works fine for me. (VGA version 1.000 patched, same revision).
OK forget my report... I think I somehow got some file corrupted.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

parapente wrote:Unfortunately I don't know how I can find the build number. The full filename was scummvm-20100913_stripped.bz2 for i586-linux.
From this page, it also lists "Build log" where it mentions "Updated to revision" and then the revision comes after that. We really need the revision as the build time doesn't help us at all.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Game: Goblins 3
Game Version: CD/DOS/v1.02 (English) [With music track ripped to mp3]
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 52800

Problems:
(It's been a long while since I played this on a real machine, some problems might just be bugs in the game that I cannot remember)

• Difficulty moving the screen to the left in windowed mode.
• The pathfinder can get confused in some "stair" areas and Blount will walk between 2 close points in a loop, give him a new destination to end it. , happened in Death (level 3).
• "Introductions" in multilevel puzzles that are not cutscenes are played every time the area is entered (Affects areas Lab and Brain)
• Flickering cursor when "semi-cutscenes" are played (For example when freeing Bizoo in Clouds)

Not added to bugtracker because I don't know how to (New guy)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Warepire wrote:• Difficulty moving the screen to the left in windowed mode.
Use Control-M to capture the mouse cursor inside ScummVM's window
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

md5 wrote:
Warepire wrote:• Difficulty moving the screen to the left in windowed mode.
Use Control-M to capture the mouse cursor inside ScummVM's window
I've been using ScummVM since 0.7 and I didn't know that ... how embarrassing.
parapente

Post by parapente »

clone2727 wrote:
parapente wrote:Unfortunately I don't know how I can find the build number. The full filename was scummvm-20100913_stripped.bz2 for i586-linux.
From this page, it also lists "Build log" where it mentions "Updated to revision" and then the revision comes after that. We really need the revision as the build time doesn't help us at all.
Unfortunately the page you mention doesn't keep a full log so I had to svn co the code and do an svn log. According to the log no changed happened between 1:59:32 and 15:19:19 so it must be r52697. It would be more helpful if the filenames of the nightly builds had the release in them instead of just the date.
pykman

Post by pykman »

clone2727 wrote:
I didn't known that, sorry. I was building ScummVM using source form 15.09.2010 and unfortunately there is no more builds from that date on ScummVM daily builds page. If anyone can check those logs, it would be great.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Warepire wrote:Not added to bugtracker because I don't know how to (New guy)
Did you see the link to the bug tracker in the opening post? It's pretty straightforward... Not to mention there's a nice section in the FAQ for it.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

parapente wrote:Unfortunately the page you mention doesn't keep a full log so I had to svn co the code and do an svn log. According to the log no changed happened between 1:59:32 and 15:19:19 so it must be r52697. It would be more helpful if the filenames of the nightly builds had the release in them instead of just the date.
There are other nightly builds that do have the revision (or they should). We don't really have control over the builds from where you downloaded them.

@pykman: I'll try to dig up what revision your build used, but please report the revision in the future.
parapente

Post by parapente »

clone2727 wrote:There are other nightly builds that do have the revision (or they should). We don't really have control over the builds from where you downloaded them.
Ok now I'm sure it's r52698 and I've edited my previous post. Sorry for the mess!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've always got the revision number (with my own Linux Debian builds) by selecting the 'About...' button in the ScummVM main menu. Second from the bottom just above the 'Quit' button.
You have to be ready for it though as it scrolls by in a few seconds.
I assume it appears in all builds unless for some reason whoever compiled the build in question removes it.

2nd edit.
Thanks for confirming that Clone.
Indeed my builds have it in the main menu (launcher?) to the right of the search. I have 1.2.0 svn 5xxxx followed by date and time.
So I don't need to select 'About...' actually. I think I must be confusing it with how I find the revision number when I use ScummVM on another platform which I don't self-compile. Maybe Wii.
Last edited by Red_Breast on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Red_Breast wrote:I've always got the revision by selecting the 'About...' button in the ScummVM main menu. Second from the bottom just above the 'Quit' button.
You have to be ready for it though as it scrolls by in a few seconds.
But that's only compiled in when you compile from an svn checkout. It's also much easier to see the revision from the launcher where it is written with the ScummVM version.