Latest SDL patches for WinCE?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

burkilos

Latest SDL patches for WinCE?

Post by burkilos »

What combination of SDL and patches are everyone using to compile ScummVM for WinCE?

I'm still using SDL 1.2.6... I see Cerial has on his site a set of patches for 1.2.13 (http://blog.cryptopath.org/2009/07/how- ... e-and-sdl/) but the latest stable is 1.2.14 which seems to contain a lot of interesting fixes.

Does anyone have a patch for this version of SDL?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Don't think the changes are that great between .13 and .14 actually. A couple of bug fixes, but not sure if they affect the ScummVM build? Should n't be to hard to do the ce patch from 13 ontop on .14.
burkilos

Post by burkilos »

Fair enough. I'm working on building 1.2.13 for now but I'm getting a libSDL.la instead of an libSDL.lib. I know knakos has special Makefile in his patches that builds the libSDL.lib but I cannot get that Makefile to work at all in 13. Any advice?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I'm just thinking, was/is Knakos building for WM6/6.5 (Based on CE5) or building for CE6 (Which the upcoming Windows Phone is based on).

There might be differences. If you find a CE port its more likely to build than a WM6 port. (WM6 have lots of more goodies in it (Handwriting etc) which is not present in CE)
burkilos

Post by burkilos »

I'm on WM6.5, thus CE5. Fairly certain this is what knakos was working on. In fact, the Makefile he uses in his patches works fine for me in 1.2.6 and it does build a libSDL.lib. But since I can't use that Makefile in 1.2.13, I have to use the one generated during the configure and it creates .la and .a files... This has got to be simple!
burkilos

Post by burkilos »

I gave up on getting 1.2.13 going - there was tons of changes done by kostas in the 1.2.6 patches that would be a major overhaul for the 1.2.13 graphics engine. I know Cerial managed to get 1.2.13 going but I don't see how, from looking at his patches, considering that ScummVM is not going to find a lot of the custom functions added by kostas in 1.2.6.

I'm still open for suggestions, but will focus my changes on 1.2.6 for now.
fheroes2

Post by fheroes2 »

I am using SDL-1.2 in your project for WinCE changes slightly, mainly:
- Completely rewritten gapi videodriver (this code already added sdl-1.3)
- The correct definition of the cursor position when you turn the screen

well I might add right mouse click emulation, but it depends from the tap delay, so this part of the code I have made in application space.

Perhaps it is useful to you.
Patch works with the latest version of sdl-1.2 from the repository hg.

http://fheroes2.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... ine/wince/
burkilos

Post by burkilos »

Amazing work! Just what I was looking for. Very useful to me.

I did have to hack it up a bit to compile but I did get ScummVM running successfully with it. I am not having success with the mouse cursor on screen orientation changes yet though. Will hack at it some more. Any clues as to why you said it was patched to work with orientation but not working for me?

EDIT: Ah, I get it. The patch supports various orientations, but does not support orientation changes in game. I had that working with 1.2.6 so I'll see if I can work it in this version.