Will SCUMMVM support...

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bracco

Post by bracco »

i know but i try.......... :lol:
Bracco.
GUN

Post by GUN »

clem wrote:scorched earth does not EXACTLY look like a 2d point & click adventure game, does it?

clem

Point & Klick :D

okay .. whats with Escape from Delirium ? .. the Manu and so on reminds me to FOTAQ .. Story is kewl , and remember to Indiana Jones ! :D

but .. which engine is used and suits it to scummVM ?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

GUN wrote:
clem wrote:scorched earth does not EXACTLY look like a 2d point & click adventure game, does it?

clem

Point & Klick :D

okay .. whats with Escape from Delirium ? .. the Manu and so on reminds me to FOTAQ .. Story is kewl , and remember to Indiana Jones ! :D

but .. which engine is used and suits it to scummVM ?
No.
Solus

Post by Solus »

What about Delphine Software's point&clickies "Future Wars" and "Operation Stealth" ? Just make one engine and you have two games running. Fantastic, isn't it ? :)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Solus wrote:What about Delphine Software's point&clickies "Future Wars" and "Operation Stealth" ? Just make one engine and you have two games running. Fantastic, isn't it ? :)
Yep: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cine It would be elementary to plug it into ScummVM (there even exists such version on some HD), but we do not merge in supported projects unless their authors do that by themselves.

Eugene
Solus

Post by Solus »

Interesting. But this project seems to be dead by now. (or never was really alive...)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Solus wrote:Interesting. But this project seems to be dead by now. (or never was really alive...)
Interesting. What made you think like that? Yes, there were no commits for a while, but that's just because only minor bugs are left and Yaz0r is busy with next generation of CinE engine ATM.

Eugene
Solus

Post by Solus »

We all know this countless dead projects drifting around in the web. Someone had a good idea and told everybody about it, but after two weeks or a month he lost all his enthusiasm and stopped the work. I read a lot of last "The work is going well"-news and the cinE-page looks quite similar.

But if you say the project isn't dead...well, that's good to hear. :)
clem

Post by clem »

on the other hand like 98% of those are open source, so noone's stopping you :-)

btw, has anyone ever created a Prince of Persia engine?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Solus wrote:I read a lot of last "The work is going well"-news and the cinE-page looks quite similar.
Well, Yaz is just too lazy to update web. Watch CVS.
Solus wrote:But if you say the project isn't dead...well, that's good to hear. :)
Future Wars is completable, Operation Stealth is playable (probably even completable, I just don't remember), and Cruise for a Corpse in active development with recent break-throughs on animation support.

Eugene
Oehli

Post by Oehli »

clem wrote: btw, has anyone ever created a Prince of Persia engine?
http://gforge.lug.fi.uba.ar/projects/freeprince/
seems to be by the same folks as
http://sourceforge.net/projects/princed/
screenshots are there:
http://www.princed.com.ar/freeprince.jsp

edit:
well, i just registered to post this link ...so i could actually also ask something (i'm in the right thread *G*)
on the wiki page i found out that simon uses a newer version of the elvira engine ...just curious how hard it would be to make an elvira/elvira2/waxworks engine
i'm no programmer and i know that rpg/horror is out of scope for scummvm ...i'm just curious ;)
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

Cool, another open source engine reimplementation to add to my list :)

Maybe I'll start creating some sort of centralized reverse-engineering website some time, I've got a lot of notes on different games' data files lying around here too...

--Darkstar
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, they are. A news item at gforge:
We had moved the updated repository from SourceForge to the GForge project. PR stands for Princed Resources. This program is able to import and export dat files as if they where tar.gz or zip. Dat files are used by FreePrince and the original game to store all the game resources (images, sounds, levels, etc).
If you want to edit the game resources you can try checking the source out from the CVS or waiting until we add the release in the downloading section.

Eugene
Oehli

Post by Oehli »

Dark-Star wrote: Maybe I'll start creating some sort of centralized reverse-engineering website some time, I've got a lot of notes on different games' data files lying around here too...
it would really be a good idea to have one more or less 'official' central source for this, because it's a pain to stay half way uptodate what's getting developed ...it could save the developers from work which was already done by someone else and it would help consumers like me to actually find stuff ;)
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Any news on Grim Fandango being supported? (Grime? Residual?)