ScummVM A320 Dingux port.

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

I think fingolfin is probably right, i think you might have some leftovers from the old unofficial scummvm binary.
I say this for two reasons:
1) The key to bring up virtual keyboard in the official dingux port is SELECT, no need for modifiers
2) I remember trying the unofficial port a while ago, and i had some problems with key combinations, causing scummvm to die in weird ways.
What i think is happening is this: you overwrote the official dingux build with the official port, but gmenu2x is still pointing to the old and bugged executable.
You could try this: backup your games and saves, completely remove your scummvm dir, unpack the binaries i linked above following the instructions i posted, and remember to create a gmenu2x link to scummvm.gpe (NOT scummvm.elf).

Please, tell me if this works.
mandrake88

Post by mandrake88 »

hi! sorry for the late

I think there is something missing in the svn_r52218 version that u give to me. There is no scummvm.gpe and no scummvm.elf file.
I pointed gmenu to scummvm file (that file don't have format) but when i try to play some game, gets some errors (can't read console output, to fast) and back to gmenu
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

I'm very sorry, you are right, i made a mess preparing the last package.
Here is a new one, tested it myself this time:
http://hkzlab.ipv7.net/files/misc/dingu ... n52741.zip

Remember to remove your old data and point to scummvm.gpe
mandrake88

Post by mandrake88 »

well, i delete the scrummvm dir, and copied the new one, and created a link to scummvm.gpe.

Scrummvm opens fine, but when i try to run a game, i get an error again and go back to gmenu.

Here and screnshoot of the gamefolder, and config file generated by scrummvm

hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

What would help here is getting telnet access to your dingoo and try to use it from there to check for error messages...
but well, try this:

In dingux scummvm menu:
Select "Options", then "Audio" tab,
then in "Preferred device" select "Adlib emulator"
press "Ok"

Quit, restart scummvm and try again your games.
mandrake88

Post by mandrake88 »

hkzlab wrote:What would help here is getting telnet access to your dingoo and try to use it from there to check for error messages...
but well, try this:

In dingux scummvm menu:
Select "Options", then "Audio" tab,
then in "Preferred device" select "Adlib emulator"
press "Ok"

Quit, restart scummvm and try again your games.
yes!!! now is working, and no more problems with l+r+select

But with adlib emulator there is a few problems:

- Depends of global volume (i was using global volumen = 0 in gmenu config, and i had to put some bigger value for have sound in scrummvm)

- Only music sound, no sound efects
ZXSpeccy

Post by ZXSpeccy »

Help please! Counting from the 1.3.0 game Gobliins started working very slowly. While on the 1.2.1 version runs at full speed. Scummvm installed every time a new folder. I can not find why the new versions are slow.
slbstmrd

Post by slbstmrd »

I'm running ScummVM 1.5.0git3261 and trying to get Myst ME to run on opendingux and running into some strange issues.

When I try to run the game, the console pops up and it says the debuggers started. There's an error at the bottom that says;

"ERROR: Widget (SaveLoadChooser.Delete) has x < 0 (-8)!"

In the log I get this just before the above quote;

"Game ScreenMode=544x332
GraphicsMode set to HALF"

Any idea how to get it running?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

slbstmrd wrote: ERROR: Widget (SaveLoadChooser.Delete) has x < 0 (-8)!"

"Game ScreenMode=544x332

I have no experience of this platform, but a wild guess...

Myst runs at this rather unusual resolution of 544x332 pixels. If I'm looking at the correct part of the code, the screen resolution is 320x240 pixels so that won't fit. So it tries to scale it down a quarter of the original size (half the width and half the height), which is 272x166 pixels.

If that's the screen size it tries to use, it's too small for ScummVM's GUI. And if so, someone would have to fix ScummVM for it to have a chance to run. (And it's not listed on the compatibility page yet, so presumably there are problems no matter what.)
slbstmrd

Post by slbstmrd »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
slbstmrd wrote: ERROR: Widget (SaveLoadChooser.Delete) has x < 0 (-8)!"

"Game ScreenMode=544x332

I have no experience of this platform, but a wild guess...

Myst runs at this rather unusual resolution of 544x332 pixels. If I'm looking at the correct part of the code, the screen resolution is 320x240 pixels so that won't fit. So it tries to scale it down a quarter of the original size (half the width and half the height), which is 272x166 pixels.

If that's the screen size it tries to use, it's too small for ScummVM's GUI. And if so, someone would have to fix ScummVM for it to have a chance to run. (And it's not listed on the compatibility page yet, so presumably there are problems no matter what.)
Since I can't post external links yet, here's the last part of the URL of a video of someone running Myst ME in Scumm on a Dingoo A320; watch?v=8DvlFHh-gc4

Looks like it runs fine for this person. I'll try and get a message to him/her and see how they got it running.

I'll post here if I get it running telling how.
Alien Grey

Post by Alien Grey »

What happened with the Dingux ScummVM port?

I don't see an official ScummVM 1.7.0 Dingux version.

Does anyone still work on this port?

I've tried one of the Daily Builds to try to run Return to Ringworld on it. It seems to run fine but there's lots of slowdowns with this game.
Alien Grey

Post by Alien Grey »

slbstmrd wrote:Since I can't post external links yet, here's the last part of the URL of a video of someone running Myst ME in Scumm on a Dingoo A320; watch?v=8DvlFHh-gc4

Looks like it runs fine for this person. I'll try and get a message to him/her and see how they got it running.

I'll post here if I get it running telling how.
It's possible to get Myst ME running on the ScummVM Daily Build Dingux port. You just have to replace the video files with the video files from the MAC version. There's three video files that aren't available in the MAC version. Maybe they can be replaced with the video files from the original Myst game or need to be re-encoded.

I didn't try to replace those three video files because the game isn't supported and there's no way to save the game.