Question about the source code.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kainenable

Question about the source code.

Post by kainenable »

Hey, I am pretty new at the homebrew scene and am just messing around with the source and the psp at this point. I have installed all the librarys including libmpeg2, libtremor,libmad etc... they all appear to be in the /usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib directory but is is having problems compiling.

I run make and...

It seems that it is having trouble with libtremor. It says undefined reference to 'makeVorbisStream' and 'makeMP3Stream'. I am using cygwin and have the toolchain sdl sdk all working. Any idea why it is doing this or what I am doing wrong?
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Hmm.. I got the newest version of the source code .802 (i was running .801 before) and now it compiles completely. I have no idea why it is now working. It still wont compile properly for the .801 build. Oh well, I am not going to question it. I could have inadvertantly futzed around with the makefile and broke something, or maybe its cygwin.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Sounds to me like you broke something yourself.
The 0.8.1 source should compile without problems. Atleast, it does here.
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Yup, I think that was probably the case. My eventual goal is to port over Starcon2 to the psp since it shares alot of the same librarys, sdl, tremor, etc. Its not going that well though, there is no documentation and it is less than self expanitory. The way scummvm is structured is much more readable.
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

I am new to subversion, I am used to using sourcesafe for sharing source code. Is there a command I can give it so it will automatically update and compile the newest librarys. Or should i just make a script to do it?
erwan

Post by erwan »

The SVN source should compile without problems (without MPG2).
HOST: SUSE 10