SCUMMVM can't find Beneath a Steel Sky

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lazlow

SCUMMVM can't find Beneath a Steel Sky

Post by Lazlow »

HTC Desire w/ SCUMMVM 1.1.1 alt-tremor

I've tried both the Floppy version and CD version from the downloads page, with the additional .cpt file within in the game folder (though there's already one in the scummvm folder).

I placed the BASS folder in the root of my SD CARD, as well as within the scummvm folder, just in case there was a specific directory path that may work.

No matter what I try though SCUMMVM fails to detect a game when I navigate to the BASS folder.

I've got Sam & Max working, so SCUMMVM is functioning fine.

BASS folder only contains the .dnr, .dsk, .cpt files and the readme text file, for both versions.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: SCUMMVM can't find Beneath a Steel Sky

Post by LordHoto »

Lazlow wrote:HTC Desire w/ SCUMMVM 1.1.1 alt-tremor

I've tried both the Floppy version and CD version from the downloads page, with the additional .cpt file within in the game folder (though there's already one in the scummvm folder).

I placed the BASS folder in the root of my SD CARD, as well as within the scummvm folder, just in case there was a specific directory path that may work.

No matter what I try though SCUMMVM fails to detect a game when I navigate to the BASS folder.

I've got Sam & Max working, so SCUMMVM is functioning fine.

BASS folder only contains the .dnr, .dsk, .cpt files and the readme text file, for both versions.
I heard that the Android version is using engine plugins, thus it might very well be that you are missing the "sky" plugin, which is used for BASS.
Lazlow

Post by Lazlow »

Just googled "beneath a steel sky engine plugin android" and you seem to be correct.

Unfortunately all links lead to a free download on the android market that is no longer available. :(

Anyone got a link where I can get the sky plugin?

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, I found it on the Android Market by searching with the market app on my phone. So Ive downloaded/installed it, but SCUMMVM still fails to recognise BASS. I don't know if I'm supposed to do anything with the plugin after downloading it from the market, not that I can find it anywhere either, but I assume it automatically installs to the correct location ready for whenever SCUMMVM is launched.
Lazlow

Post by Lazlow »

Doh'eth.

Solved my own problem. Upon looking at the ScummVM for android webpage again I noticed I had downloaded the single engine version and not the multi engine verion.

New install now picked up BASS.