problem with a few games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

turbonutter

problem with a few games

Post by turbonutter »

Hi, i am generally loving scummvm on android but have 2 problems, i have a version of indy that says it has speech but there seems to be none, this is the more minor of my two problems.
The worse problem is with monkey 3 and discworld 2, with these two games whatever settings i use it refuses to go full screen and has a small gap to each side showing part of the scummvm menu which constantly flickers which is quite distracting as you can imagine.

I am running on my galaxy s.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You have a version of Indy that says it has speech? Which version is that? Are we talking about Indiana Jones 3 and the Last Crusade or Indiana Jones 4 and the Fate of Atlantis?
turbonutter

maybe no speech

Post by turbonutter »

It is fate of atlantis, i think it having speech is bogus im gonna check online see what i can find out as i last played it ages ago

im more concerned with the other problem im gonna have a mess around later see if i can solve it
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: maybe no speech

Post by eriktorbjorn »

turbonutter wrote:It is fate of atlantis, i think it having speech is bogus im gonna check online see what i can find out as i last played it ages ago
The CD version has speech, but I've only played it with the desktop version of ScummVM. (I don't even have an Android phone myself.)
fingolfin
Retired

Re: problem with a few games

Post by fingolfin »

turbonutter wrote:The worse problem is with monkey 3 and discworld 2, with these two games whatever settings i use it refuses to go full screen and has a small gap to each side showing part of the scummvm menu which constantly flickers which is quite distracting as you can imagine.

I am running on my galaxy s.
According to a quick Google search, this phone has a screen resolution of 800x480. The games you are name use a resolution of 640x480. Hence it is no surprise that there is an unused area on the left& right. However, that area should be black. If other stuff is visible "below" it, then that sounds like a bug.

Is this the official Android version, or the unofficial port based in SDL? Or, put simply: Where / how did you obtain the ScummVM app?
turbonutter

Post by turbonutter »

Its the unofficial
turbonutter

Post by turbonutter »

Its the unofficial
Warzone

Post by Warzone »

This is a bug of the unofficial version. I have had it on CMI.
aderhage

Post by aderhage »

I dont get how i right-click with the galaxy, and in the game beneath a steel sky i cant move the cursor upwards far enough to get the inventory. Any clues to what I have done wrong? Im also using the unofficial port. Tried both versions, without camera and with.

Thanks
iranai

Post by iranai »

aderhage wrote:I dont get how i right-click with the galaxy, and in the game beneath a steel sky i cant move the cursor upwards far enough to get the inventory. Any clues to what I have done wrong? Im also using the unofficial port. Tried both versions, without camera and with.

Thanks
I finished playing The Dig on the unofficial version and it took me awhile to figure out how to right click too. (right click is needed for the turtle creature and with bug to put items away in planetarium so you can exit). BTW I'm using the HTC Evo. To right click, hit the phone's Search button to pull up the on-screen keyboard. On the keyboard hit the Tab button and press enter. I hope this works in steel sky for you. I think the keyboard pauses the game while it is up.
aderhage

Post by aderhage »

iranai wrote:
aderhage wrote:I dont get how i right-click with the galaxy, and in the game beneath a steel sky i cant move the cursor upwards far enough to get the inventory. Any clues to what I have done wrong? Im also using the unofficial port. Tried both versions, without camera and with.

Thanks
I finished playing The Dig on the unofficial version and it took me awhile to figure out how to right click too. (right click is needed for the turtle creature and with bug to put items away in planetarium so you can exit). BTW I'm using the HTC Evo. To right click, hit the phone's Search button to pull up the on-screen keyboard. On the keyboard hit the Tab button and press enter. I hope this works in steel sky for you. I think the keyboard pauses the game while it is up.
Im not sure if im doing what you said i should do. The menu button and the quicksearch button is the same on galaxy s tho. The keyboard does'nt have a tab button either :/. Am i surpose to have the keyboard out while in scummVM and use it to right-click? Cant seem to get it to be that way tho :/. Im noobish to android and scummVM :P sorry