Doesn't work on my X10 Mini

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

magnum

Doesn't work on my X10 Mini

Post by magnum »

I have installed ScummVM and unzipped the scummvm.zip on my memory card, all according to this page http://anddev.at.ua/news/2010-6-2-1-0-1

But when I try to start the application I get this error message, something like this:
"error process libSDL.jni stopped unexpectedly. Try again"

I have s Sony Ericsson X10 Mini, with Android version 1.6.
Do someone have a clue how to solve this?

Thank you.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

I think, this version works only with Android 2.x
magnum

Post by magnum »

Um..okay. Where can I find the version for 1.6 then?
serebei251

Post by serebei251 »

You can find it on the market.
You have to download the app and the plugins you need.
magnum

Post by magnum »

No I don't find it in the Market...hm, maybe it's not in my country...is it a free app or a pay-app?
xstrider

Post by xstrider »

magnum wrote:No I don't find it in the Market...hm, maybe it's not in my country...is it a free app or a pay-app?
Should be a free app. So a search for Scumm doesnt bring up the plugins either?
magnum

Post by magnum »

Nope :(
I´ve searched att the words "scumm", "scummvm", "monkey island", "broken sword" etc. But nothing.
jannar85

Post by jannar85 »

I have a x10 mini too, with Android version 1.6, and it runs perfect. I think you've forgot to download the plugins. You can't find them at the Android store, though, but you can find them here:

http://sites.google.com/site/scummvmandroid/dev

I just hope the Android SCUMMVM gets updated soon.
magnum

Post by magnum »

Thanks, that worked perfectly. It was the version of ScummVM that was on that site that solved it. :)

But I must admit...it's kinda hard to see where the pointer is in the games with the thumb being in the way, especially with the small screen on X10 Mini. :P
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

magnum wrote:No I don't find it in the Market...
Wait, what? This is an Android 1.6 device? Normal Google market (not some vendor special)?

It should be there and visible from all 1.5/1.6 devices - a core ScummVM app and about 20 engine plugin apps. If not, then there is something new about the market that I wasn't aware of and should fix ...
ScummBoy

Post by ScummBoy »

The X10 mini has a smaller screen resolution than most phones (QVGA - 240x320).
All apps has to be marked as compatible with that screen to show up in the market.

But almost all apps that I've had to download manually still works on the mini... really annoying not to be able to get it from the market due to a simple oversight of the developers.
ScummBoy

Post by ScummBoy »

Also @jannar85 and @magnum

Could you please explain exactly what you did to get ScummVM working on the mini?
Lots of packages in the link above, I'm confused... :oops:

Thanks
jannar85

Post by jannar85 »

Downloading everything between scummvm-2.0alpha.apk and Past Releases to get every SCUMM game working :) Also, uninstall any previous SCUMMVM android version, and insteall the one in the link instead - called scummvm.apk.

Good luck.
ScummBoy

Post by ScummBoy »

Ah, actually all I needed was the scummvm-engine-scumm.apk (with the scummvm.apk of course)

Got Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle running now =)

P.S.
A bit OT: Have anyone tried a stylus on the X10 mini?
if so would you recommend it for gameplay?
magnum

Post by magnum »

Yeah, but styluses don't seem to work. The touch screen appears to only register thumbs...or pretty big touches anyways. :P When I try with other fingers not much happens, and I tried with a stylus too but with that absolutley nothing happens! That kinda sucks with X10 Mini... :/