Controls From The Left To The Right? + Hotkeys?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ray G. Jones

Controls From The Left To The Right? + Hotkeys?

Post by Ray G. Jones »

Hello,

firstly ScummVM (0.8.1) works great on my Nokia 6630. I've already checked Monkey Island 1+2 and Zak, and have had no (technical) problems so far.

There is only one little issue, caused by me, the user. My problem is, due to the orientation of the ScummVM screen, the keypad is on the left side, so I have to control everything with the left hand, but I am right handed and it would be of much more comfort to do it with the right. Is there any configuration option I am missing or any possibility I can simply rotate the screen by 180°, so I can turn the phone and have the keys on the right side?
(I mean, without having everything upside down afterwards XD)

Or if not, are there any chances that something like this is going to be implemented in any future releases?

Another cool feature would be to map often used actions to keys e.g. the USE button in games like Monkey Island or Indiana Jones and the like, so I don't have to move the cursor over half the screen "all the time", what appears to be somewhat dodgy with the Nokia's stick.. Or maybe I miss some configuration thinger here?

Oh, and what exactly is the difference between 0.8.1-S60-v1 and 0.8.1-S60-v2?

Thanks,

-Ray
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Controls From The Left To The Right? + Hotkeys?

Post by sev »

Ray G. Jones wrote:Oh, and what exactly is the difference between 0.8.1-S60-v1 and 0.8.1-S60-v2?
Those are for different OS versions. See http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_S60

Eugene
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes there are actually lots of settings. You should try pressing '0' +1-3 at the same time. 1 changes input mode, 2 changes screen mode, 3 flips the screen in portrait mode '0' + joystick will move the screen around when in zoomed mode (portrait or landscape).

Also under game options->paths->keys you can map the keys 1-9 to your liking to use in various games.

'*' works as F5
'#' works as escape

Hmm and.. ohh I forgot to remap the 'zone' key it looks like, but it can be remapped under the keys option (Since I am using '0' for control key)

If you have problems with the control key, please press application key, so scummvm just regains focus, this will reenable the double keypresses.
Ray G. Jones

Post by Ray G. Jones »

sev wrote:Those are for different OS versions.
Hmm. They work both for me. "Accidently" I installed the "right" one last. :D
Anotherguest wrote:Also under game options->paths->keys you can map the keys 1-9 to your liking to use in various games.
That wasn't what I meant. I hoped I could do something like press '5' and it would act like if I had clicked the verb 'use'.
Anotherguest wrote:Hmm and.. ohh I forgot to remap the 'zone' key
Uuhm. What's the 'zone' key doing?

However, thanks a lot for your helpful answers, playing with the right hand appears to be a lot better! ;PP

-Rayston
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The zone key is justed to jump between main screen, inventory, and verbs. (or rather top area, bottom left and bottom right).

And ahh.. yes.. I guess that there could be some more key mapping to be done between like numbers and more generic scumm actions ('o' for open etc). Right now you have some options in keys under Options->Paths->Keys but it should be extended.

And in a good generic way of course so all platforms can benefit.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Also under game options->paths->keys you can map the keys 1-9 to your liking to use in various games.
I can't find it on my Symbian UIQ phone: how can I remap my joystick?