can anyone help me out please?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Callam

can anyone help me out please?

Post by Callam »

hey,
ive only just found out about this whole thing so im a complete noob.
could anyone please try explain how i could get discworld 1 on to my phone, maybe some links to where i need to get the files and everything.
also is it recommended to try this with out any knowledge on it at all?
ive got a HTC desire with the latest android version

thank you in advance for any replies or advice
keenan1986

Post by keenan1986 »

It's nothing complicated.
First, go to this webpage.
There are 4 versions.
Since your HTC Desire has no camera button, i recommend the alt-tremor version (or alt-vorbis, i personally didn't try it yet).
Then download scummvm.zip, and extract it in the ROOT of your memory card so that you have folder "scummvm" and it's contents in it.
.apk file can be put anywhere since it's package file used just to install application.
Also, copy all the game files in one folder on memory card, "discworld" for instance. :)
Now, you need a file manager installend on the phone to navigate to .apk file and install application. I recommend Astro, search it in Market.
Open file manager, navigate to .apk file and you just open that file with package installer (or how it's called?). Click "Install" to install the application. If application cannot be installed then you do not have enough memory on your phone, remove some of the other applications. ScummVM requires some 30 MB to install.
After install, open ScummVM, click add game and select folder on memory card with discworld game files and you're done.
I hope i was clear enough for you to understand this. :D
Enjoy your game on HTC Desire.
Callam

Post by Callam »

Wow thank you very much, that's exactly what I was looking for. Cheers :D
Irish

Post by Irish »

Worked for me too, thanks a lot.

But where can I find games now ? For example Monkey Island !?
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

Purchase them ;)

If you try, you can find many on second hand markets or on eBay. And usually with very good prices too.
Irish

Post by Irish »

Je savais que j aurais pas du jeter mes vieux jeux... Si j ai la version wii, ca fonctionne aussi ?

Et comment je vais du CD a mon Tel ? Faut convertir qqch ?
Irish

Post by Irish »

Sorry, I was asking if my Wii game would of any help here ?

And once I bought a game how am i supposed to transfere it to my phone ? Do i need to convert it ? Using what ?
xstrider

Post by xstrider »

Irish wrote:Sorry, I was asking if my Wii game would of any help here ?

And once I bought a game how am i supposed to transfere it to my phone ? Do i need to convert it ? Using what ?
I don't think the Wii game will work. You just put the files into a directory on your SD card from your computer. Than in ScummVm, choose add game and browse to where you put the files.
bluppfisk

Post by bluppfisk »

hm; ScummVM will let me navigate to the folder sdcard, but there's nothing in it. Maybe I should unhook it from USB first.

edit: ah yes that did the trick.

Playing CMI now, too bad the launcher is visible behind the 4:3 frame, and happily flashing along with the refresh rate. Any ideas on this?
Woasined

Post by Woasined »

@Bluppfisk
Hi, i also had the flashesin monkey island 3. But when i press the home button while the game is running and return to the game over the task manager (pressing the home button a few seconds and tap on the Scummvm "S"), the flashes are gone. (the following question answer with NO). That´s the way it worked on my desire.
Btw, when you are out of the game, you can raise ore lower the game volume by pressing "+" or "-"
bluppfisk

Post by bluppfisk »

Hi

Yes I ended up finding that out as well. It also works when you lock the screen and then unlock it again. But the volume setting was a good tip, because the in-game volume settings do not seem to work right.

Cool, if I hadn't broken my phone, I could be playing Monkey Island now instead of waiting idly for my plane to leave in ten hours.

Thanks for the help!