Full Throttle crash on iPhone 3GS

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rillan

Full Throttle crash on iPhone 3GS

Post by Rillan »

Hai gais,
im playing Full Throttle on my iPhone useing ScummVM (Which is amazing btw!). And im experienceing crashes during gameplay, and it allways occurs at the same spot, so I can't really advance in the game :P

I've got several other romms, I havent been able to play them verry much however so I can't guarrante that they wont crash as well.

Anyhow, the crash occurs just after the "Cavefish" atack the trailer, and you enter free roam to bash some random bikers :) Just as im about to exit the freeway and enter the mountain pass, i get an error. The link of the error is bellow --
http://img139.imageshack.us/i/img0166.png/

Any help i can get is appriciated.

Current verision im useing is 1.0.0 (Nov 14 2009 11:32:11), could the newever verision perhaps fix this? Cause im useing the one downloadable on Cydia :P

Thanks

Regards
Rillan

Post by Rillan »

Would just like to add that i updated to 1.1.1, and still get the same error. :/

Any ideas?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Rillan wrote: Any ideas?
I'm pretty sure the "Unknown Chunk" error comes from the cutscene movie player. If it was the desktop version of ScummVM, I would guess one of the data files (probably one of the .san files) had been damaged somehow. It could still be the reason, in which case it might help to re-copy the from the original CD, but I don't know anything about the iPhone.
Rillan

Post by Rillan »

Hey,
yeah you could be right -- it's straight after a cutscene i get the error. However i tried to recopy the game, but i still keep getting the same error :x

And fyi, i've played Day of the Tentacle allmost to the end without getting any errors. Could be because there are so verry few cutscenes in that game tho :P

I'll try to reinstall scummvm once more to isolate that it's correctily updated.

Any more sougestions are welcome :)
Rillan

Post by Rillan »

edit
Last edited by Rillan on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rillan

Post by Rillan »

edi
Last edited by Rillan on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rillan

Post by Rillan »

Hmm intresting, i got the same error at the same place when i used ScummVM on my PC :P Im smelling a bad game image. I got the original game however, but i downloaded this verision to save me some hassle.

I tried useing my Original copy on PC and voila! Worked like a charm. Installed it on my iPhone aswell and worked flawlessly :)

Just goes to show that piracy suxx ^^

Thanks for takeing an intrest tho :)