Gobliins 2 and 3 on iPad problems?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

commonpeople

Gobliins 2 and 3 on iPad problems?

Post by commonpeople »

Anyone else having problems with Gobliins 2 and 3? It doesn't seem to recognize mouse clicks unless 'click-and-drag' is enabled, and if that's on it starts recognizing all my left clicks as right clicks as soon as a right click is made.

I've played through The Dig and Monkey Island with no hiccups, but can't seem to figure out if I'm doing something wrong with Gobliins. Please enlighten me if I'm being an idiot!

And thanks so much for the port -- these games are more fun to play on my iPad than they were on the PC years ago!
Horec

Post by Horec »

Hi
Same problem for me : I can't click but I can move the cursor on gobliiins or woodruff.
I'm using the May 2 2010 availiable on Cydia for Ipad.
Other games are ok (day of the tentacle, sam & max)

Thanks for your help
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

I have such problem on my iphone 2g. Version 1.1.0 seems to work normally, but 1.1.1 don`t want to wort prophetly.

Tried SVN, problem is still here
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

Authors, please fix this problem! I was wrong and even version 1.1.0 is not working prophetly. Taps in Goblins seems to work completely incorrect. Cursor is moving, but taps are not working.

Program still is in 1.2.0
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

0AzK0 wrote:Authors, please fix this problem!
I for one don't have an iPad, and that problem doesn't occur on GNU/Linux, so I have no way of tracing the problem, let along fixing it.
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

Problem is NOT only in ipad. It is on my iphone 2g too
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The same code is used for iPad and iPhone, so it's no surprise that any bug the affects one would also affect the other.

However, DrMcoy, who is one of the people working on the Gob engine, does not have an iPad/iPhone, and cannot reproduce the issue on his computer, so can't do anything about it, which he wanted to say here, for the record (so that you don't think you are being ignored ;).
We'd need our iPhone porter to take a look at it, I guess, or somebody else familiar with the iPhone port...
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

DrMcCoy wrote:
0AzK0 wrote:Authors, please fix this problem!
I for one don't have an iPad, and that problem doesn't occur on GNU/Linux, so I have no way of tracing the problem, let along fixing it.
I plan to put in some work on 1.2 this weekend, I'll try to take a look at this then.
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

Goblins games are still not working in version 1.2 :( Screen taps seems to do nothing. Other games are working exelently

My devices are iphone 2g and ipod touch 4g
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

Is there any progress with this bug?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Not yet from my side of things, unfortunately.
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

Version 1.2.1 still have this bug - touchpad still doesn`t proceed taps. But tap-to-click mode works fine.
bruis

Post by bruis »

I have such problem on my iphone 2g.
How to solve this problem?
Thanks for your help
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

To anyone who still waiting for solution with goblins, I can give advide: use version 1.00 of scummvm, it works perfectly with firmware 4.2.1 and my iPod touch 4g, but I don`t know will it work after clear install(I`ve installed it over 1.21)
Blopfu

Post by Blopfu »

Hello everybody :1st post here,
So a big thnx to developers of scummVM, and thanx for the iphone build !
0AzK0 wrote:To anyone who still waiting for solution with goblins, I can give advide: use version 1.00 of scummvm, it works perfectly with firmware 4.2.1 and my iPod touch 4g, but I don`t know will it work after clear install(I`ve installed it over 1.21)
Thanx for your help, I tried Woodruff with 1.21 and the mouse worked only once and with bug on right click.

Now i'm on ScummVM ver 1.00.
Iphone 4 iOS 4.3.2
Mouse works well, but graphics looks a little bit crapy on iphone 4 retina display compared to ver 1.21.

Can this problem be fixed easily ? It worked on 1.00 ..
Thanx a lot.