Simon 2 crash

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chuchoamor

Simon 2 crash

Post by chuchoamor »

Hi, First of all... sorry for my english.

I'm playing spanish version of Simon the sorcerer 2 on my PSP and the game crashes before you finish the pirate's ship stage, more exactly in the animation when another boat shoot with cannons balls.
I try several times and allways crash when a cannon ball hits and simon drop into water.
So i have to push L1 and R1 for jump to the next scene and can continue the game.
Thanks a lot.

Edit: my fat PSP has the CF 5.00-6M33
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

I don't know how well supported the Spanish version is.

1. What version of ScummVM are you using?
2. Have you tried playing this part on a PC? You can copy the save file and use the same one on the desktop. Check if you get a crash there as well.
chuchoamor

Post by chuchoamor »

Bluddy wrote:I don't know how well supported the Spanish version is.

1. What version of ScummVM are you using?
2. Have you tried playing this part on a PC? You can copy the save file and use the same one on the desktop. Check if you get a crash there as well.
I'm playing the spanish talkie version.

1. I'm using the last version 1.1.1 (may 2010)
2. Sorry but i continue playing and i overwrite the savegame :(
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

OK well if you don't get another crash while playing, it's most likely a Simon engine problem ie. a general scummvm problem. But a save game is a must to make any progress on it, as it's possible it was just some random thing.

If you do get a crash again, it could either be a PSP issue or a ScummVM issue. Save regularly and if you get a crash, copy the save over to the PC and see if the crash happens there. Then we'll be able to know a little bit more about the problem.
chuchoamor

Post by chuchoamor »

Bluddy wrote:Save regularly and if you get a crash, copy the save over to the PC and see if the crash happens there. Then we'll be able to know a little bit more about the problem.
I promise I'll do it the next time, I'm so sorry for the inconveniences.