Roland MIDI for Day of the Tentacle

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

enygma24

Roland MIDI for Day of the Tentacle

Post by enygma24 »

Quick Question. I was wondering if it would be possible to play/use Roland MIDI instead of the standard Adlib music within DOTT on the PSP. If yes, what do I need to do (do I need cetain files in the game directory) or what should my settings be to listen to the better quality MIDI?

P.S.: I did try to play with the settings on my PSP (e.g emulate Roland GS) but no effect on the MIDI music within the game.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-David H. Tran :)
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Currently only Adlib emulation is supported on PSP.
MT32 emulation (in its current form) is too slow to be usable, the PSP doesn't offer any midi in hardware, and there's no external midi synthesis/emulation library such fluidsynth linked in.

Patches are welcome :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm a thought.. Modplug in its composer form is supporting to load midis. And modplug should be able to run in the background of scummvm I guess even on a PSP or fast phone.. And I think it can load sound patches from a generic source of soundbanks. :-) Must look into that midi loader. :-)
But.. hmm it does n't still work as a midi sequencer... so for some games playing just mids.. it would work.. but not where direct sequencer control is needed. And somehow I think that ScummVM is implemented more on a sequencer level.