Bada port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cotterhier

Post by cotterhier »

Hi, my prob is that my ScummVM app wont start anymore, it displays this message: config file buggy: junk found in line 2: autosave_period!
How can I fix the config file? I cant find a way to view or open any apps or system directories (not on the phone or in windows explorer)!
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

cotterhier wrote:Hi, my prob is that my ScummVM app wont start anymore, it displays this message: config file buggy: junk found in line 2: autosave_period!
How can I fix the config file? I cant find a way to view or open any apps or system directories (not on the phone or in windows explorer)!
1. On your phone click settings / connectivity / usb / massstorage, then click "set"

2. Attach the usb cable from your wave to your desktop machine.

3. Once the drive has mounted, locate the scummvm.ini file. On my system it is here:

d:/Others/__@@bada_applications@@__/7m4wzp5te6/Data/scummvm.ini

4. Either delete or rename this file.

5. From the desktop, Unmount / eject the drive.

ScummVM should now start without any problem. You will need to re-add your games, but the save
game files should still be intact.

I had the same problem. I think the app needs to maintain a backup of the ini file, and check
whether there is a corruption at start up and handle it. The corruption was probably something going
wrong during shutdown but it is hard to make this area more robust.

Could you also see whether there is stackFrame file and report the contents:

d:/Others/__@@bada_applications@@__/7m4wzp5te6/Bin/stackFrame.txt

The above instructions might only help if you have installed the app onto a memory card. The files don't seem to be accessible when installed to the phone memory. If so you might need to re-install the app.

Cheers
Chris
cotterhier

Post by cotterhier »

Thanks for your help. I'm gonna reinstall the app, on my memory card this time.
Yogr

Post by Yogr »

This port is AWESOME, it's my favourite app indeed, keep up the good work.

I have a crash on Full throttle (Italian version), it always happens in the same point.
I provided my savegame, if this can be of any help. Go to the mine road and wait for the rothweiler with the wodden plank, hit him with the spiked skull chain and the VM will crash. An alert dialog is displayed, but it's too fast and I can olny read that's realated with iMuse...
I also didn't manage to find any stack trace in the bin folder.

Here it is the save file: http://www.mediafire.com/?lltd6rbd3zmgdds

Bye mate!
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

Yogr wrote:This port is AWESOME, it's my favourite app indeed, keep up the good work.

I have a crash on Full throttle (Italian version), it always happens in the same point.
I provided my savegame, if this can be of any help. Go to the mine road and wait for the rothweiler with the wodden plank, hit him with the spiked skull chain and the VM will crash. An alert dialog is displayed, but it's too fast and I can olny read that's realated with iMuse...
I also didn't manage to find any stack trace in the bin folder.

Here it is the save file: http://www.mediafire.com/?lltd6rbd3zmgdds

Bye mate!
I finally got around to investigating this and I've got a fix for the problem. The next release will be based on the bada 2.0 SDK (ie will no longer run on bada 1.2).

Cheers,
Chris
Catscratch

Post by Catscratch »

Hi. Is there a workaround for the Wave3? The Wave3 does not have a camera hardware button.
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

Catscratch wrote:Hi. Is there a workaround for the Wave3? The Wave3 does not have a camera hardware button.
I previously tried submitting a fix to the Samsung app-store, but it got rejected because of a problem on the Wave3 where pressing the lock button would cause the phone to reboot.

This did not happen on my wave1 phone so I wasn't sure what to do next.

I just discovered Samsung have provided a TestKit app which you can download onto your phone from the app store. This allows a small number of people to be registered as application testers.

If anyone with a Wave3 would like to help me fix this problem please send a private forum message. Testing would be a few iterations of trial+error, I have a rough idea of what the problem might be.

Cheers,
Chris
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

chrisws wrote:
Catscratch wrote:Hi. Is there a workaround for the Wave3? The Wave3 does not have a camera hardware button.
I previously tried submitting a fix to the Samsung app-store, but it got rejected because of a problem on the Wave3 where pressing the lock button would cause the phone to reboot.

I just discovered Samsung have provided a TestKit app which you can download onto your phone from the app store. This allows a small number of people to be registered as application testers.

If anyone with a Wave3 would like to help me fix this problem please send a private forum message. Testing would be a few iterations of trial+error, I have a rough idea of what the problem might be.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks to help from users Cameliosso and catsctach I managed to find the cause of the problem (accessing the graphics layer outside of the game thread). I've submitted a new 1.4.1 build to Samsung sellers office. It has a few other fixes:

- Hardware key handling now just uses volume up to toggle, down to activate. If you have one, the camera button displays the virtual keypad.
- Full-throttle is playable up to at least the street fighting scenes.
- Save games use the wall time in lieu of GMT
- Experimental: If the config somehow gets corrupted the .INI is deleted before closing. This will allow you to keep using the app without needing to use the support steps from my previous message.

Cheers,
Chris
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

chrisws wrote:
chrisws wrote:

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks to help from users Cameliosso and catsctach I managed to find the cause of the problem (accessing the graphics layer outside of the game thread). I've submitted a new 1.4.1 build to Samsung sellers office. It has a few other fixes:

- Hardware key handling now just uses volume up to toggle, down to activate. If you have one, the camera button displays the virtual keypad.
- Full-throttle is playable up to at least the street fighting scenes.
- Save games use the wall time in lieu of GMT
- Experimental: If the config somehow gets corrupted the .INI is deleted before closing. This will allow you to keep using the app without needing to use the support steps from my previous message.

Cheers,
Chris
Unfortunately the update got rejected by the Samsung app-store people. I packaged the app for bada version 1.2 and their reports were based on using this version. I'm now using 2.0 so no longer have access to a 1.2 device.

Unless someone with a bada 1.2 phone volunteers to test and help fix the problem, I will resubmit it marked as version 2.0.
myself600

Very quiet sound in 1.4.1

Post by myself600 »

Hi Chris,

I recently noticed that in your latest release(1.4.1), the volume control is very quiet compared to your previous version(1.4.0), in which it was very loud. Also, when I unplug my headphone during gameplay, the sound will not switch back to speaker.

If you have time, please, try to fix at least the first issue on one of your future releases because this really prevents me to play these GOGs comfortably in outside.

Moreover, do you know a way how to do the character building trick[1] in QFG1VGA (other than copying the saved game from PC)?

Cheers,
mYse|f.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjeMhGOn5A (rewind to 7:00)
myself600

Re: Very quiet sound in 1.4.1

Post by myself600 »

myself600 wrote:Hi Chris,

I recently noticed that in your latest release(1.4.1), the volume control is very quiet compared to your previous version(1.4.0), in which it was very loud. Also, when I unplug my headphone during gameplay, the sound will not switch back to speaker.

If you have time, please, try to fix at least the first issue on one of your future releases because this really prevents me to play these GOGs comfortably in outside.

Moreover, do you know a way how to do the character building trick[1] in QFG1VGA (other than copying the saved game from PC)?

Cheers,
mYse|f.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjeMhGOn5A (rewind to 7:00)
I found out that 'media volume' directly affects the in-game volume control, but the sound is still very quiet when using headphones.

There are another issues: When using custom 'save path', the saving does not work. It shows "Could not save the game. ()". Also, when saving in SKY, I can enter only one character at a time.
myself600

WTF: Missing saved games?!

Post by myself600 »

I've just reinstalled ScummVM onto memory card to be able to reuse some of my saved games from PC because customizing the 'save path' does not worked. Now where the hell are my previous saved games??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
myself600

Re: WTF: Missing saved games?!

Post by myself600 »

myself600 wrote:I've just reinstalled ScummVM onto memory card to be able to reuse some of my saved games from PC because customizing the 'save path' does not worked. Now where the hell are my previous saved games??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
To answer my own question, reinstalling ScummVM onto memory card removes all the ScummVM related files on internal memory, including the saved games(like mine :cry:) so DON'T DO IT unless you haven't played any game so far. So, how to backup your precious data before moving to memory card? The answer is: USE STUNE! With STune, you can access bada internal memory, so you can backup your data before reinstalling ScummVM. Here is how:

Pre-requisite: You need 'SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones' that is bundled in 'Samsung Kies' package to be installed.

1. Download & run STune.
2. On the Devices tab, there should be 'SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem' (you must connect in 'Samsung Kies' mode). If so, click on 'Auto Connect'.
3. Then click on Browser tab and search for ScummVM save folder (mine was at 'Osp -> Applications -> 7m4wzp5te6 -> Share'). You can also backup your setting file, which is in '... -> Data -> scummvm.ini'.
4. Right-click on the folder an select 'Copy...'. Select the destination folder and click OK.
5. Now search for that folder and make sure that everything went correctly and the files are there.
6. You can NOW reinstall ScummVM onto memory card (first remove, then install again!).
7. Once installed, change to 'Mass storage' mode in Settings and access your memory card.
8. Search for 'Others\__@@bada_applications@@__\7m4wzp5te6\Share' and move your backed up saved games here (also scummvm.ini to Data folder if you backed up that too).
9. Now disconnect, and run ScummVM.
10. Enjoy!! :wink:

STune v1.0.6 download (v1.0.7 doesn't worked for me):
http://www.mediafire.com/?hrqr5h9824h1r6a

Samsung Kies download (latest version):
http://www.samsung.com/ca/kies