Bada port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NovaCoder

Post by NovaCoder »

Cool well done 8)

Hopefully it's in the Oz AppStore so I can download it this weekend for some DOTT on-the-run :D
yeaz123

Post by yeaz123 »

So, i installed it and already played a bit of dott and the dig on it. works great! :)

when playing the dig, there is a little sound stuttering going on in the background. any ideas how to solve this?
SX1Freak

Post by SX1Freak »

Is it possible to activate mt32 sound? I put the two dll files into the game dir, but it sounds still like adlib. Any idea?
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

yeaz123 wrote:So, i installed it and already played a bit of dott and the dig on it. works great! :)

when playing the dig, there is a little sound stuttering going on in the background. any ideas how to solve this?
There is a bit of background noise - I just thought it was part of the game, then again my hearing is not the best. I'll need to compare it to the desktop version. Maybe lowering the volume levels in the launcher might help in case there is clipping.
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

SX1Freak wrote:Is it possible to activate mt32 sound? I put the two dll files into the game dir, but it sounds still like adlib. Any idea?
The mt32 dialog page is a bit of an anachronism and should really be removed; it is not possible to make use of any dll files. The sound is generated using the bada sdk. Are you getting some kind of sound distortion?
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

SX1Freak wrote:Is it possible to activate mt32 sound? I put the two dll files into the game dir, but it sounds still like adlib. Any idea?
Out of curiosity, what 2 dll files?
SX1Freak

Post by SX1Freak »

chrisws wrote:The mt32 dialog page is a bit of an anachronism and should really be removed; it is not possible to make use of any dll files. The sound is generated using the bada sdk. Are you getting some kind of sound distortion?
I am playing Indy4 and there is the sound clear and clean.
At the dig the sound is very well,too. I think the sample rate in the game itself is not very high. Can not find even stutter. In my estimation, the sound is like on the PC.

tsoliman wrote:Out of curiosity, what 2 dll files?
Oh, my fault. I mean the mt32 rom files.
Tadian

Post by Tadian »

Full Throttle is crashing in most of the later cutscenes with some audio error (gone too fast, can't read it).
Anyone else got this or are some of my files broken?

And sometimes (maybe when i exit the programm some kind of incorrectly) next time i start scummvm it says "Config error on line xx"

Is there any way to fix this other than reinstall it?
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

Tadian wrote:Full Throttle is crashing in most of the later cutscenes with some audio error (gone too fast, can't read it).
Anyone else got this or are some of my files broken?

And sometimes (maybe when i exit the programm some kind of incorrectly) next time i start scummvm it says "Config error on line xx"

Is there any way to fix this other than reinstall it?
There will be an update soonish for the 1.4 release. This is likely to solve a few random crash issues. But still, if you could provide the save-game files or let me know at which point the game aborts this would help.
DonStefano

Post by DonStefano »

I have only one crash at Full Throttle:
At the ranch when the bad guys come to it in the car and the window goes down, i get a message "Opps..." (I can`t read it, because it disapperes so fast).
necc0

Congrats and a few q's

Post by necc0 »

Hi all.
first off, this port has just given a whole new meaning to my Wave, thanks so much.
Now, I'd like to say that it runs pretty nice with the games I've tried so far, thus congratulating warren once again.
Regarding the possibility of swype-like and pinch-like gestures, they'd be awesome to complement the gaming experience, so I'd definitely love some of that.
Thanks once again and best regards.
nitronen

Post by nitronen »

Hi people! I am also using S8500XPKJ1 and getting blue screen every time when exiting from this app.

Do you think problem is directly related to this beta firmware, or maybe I can change some settings? What firmware works best with ScummVM?

Thanks!
Cameliosso

Post by Cameliosso »

Hi :) Thanks for you support for Bada, since it's still quite unpopular platform. Application runs well on ver. 2.0 on Wave 3, but there is a quite big problem with it - if virtual keyboard setup is still mapped to the camera button, on Wave 3 we can't access it, because it doesn't have camera button. Is there any walkaround for this ? Or at least ,there is some default gesture or multiple-tapping mapping for left and right click ?
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

Cameliosso wrote:Hi :) Thanks for you support for Bada, since it's still quite unpopular platform. Application runs well on ver. 2.0 on Wave 3, but there is a quite big problem with it - if virtual keyboard setup is still mapped to the camera button, on Wave 3 we can't access it, because it doesn't have camera button. Is there any walkaround for this ? Or at least ,there is some default gesture or multiple-tapping mapping for left and right click ?
Hi - I will update the bada port for bada v2 and fix the input stuff as soon as v2 has been released - when ever that will be...

Could you please sign the online petition asking Samsung to release version 2. http://www.change.org/petitions/bada-20 ... ant-it-now

Cheers,
Chris
Cameliosso

Post by Cameliosso »

Signed. For the sake of future bada apps developement - but it seems for now that Wave3 is gonna be a "dumbed smartphone" because of the lousiness of bada developers team.

Still I think it would be good idea to cancel Wave3 compatibility until 2.0 update or to call Wave3 one a "lite" version (as without RMB it can probably play only the original Scumm / Verb based games...) just to avoid confusion.