Bada port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chrisws

Post by chrisws »

Dokugogagoji wrote:
chrisws wrote:I wouldn’t trust the leaked version. The setup steps involve using a dummy certificate which could allow the app to do anything. There is no guarantee the code hasn’t been changed and no one is claiming to be the builder.
I was the builder but I haven't personally distribuited them and I am asking to remove those earlier builds from BadaItalia forum who started to do this with my nick. I have removed the link from the forum. I had a private Skydrive folder who have shared them with my friend... I have no doubt who distributed them. But he is not a developer, so no code change and the build was only binary.

There were four builds where they were linked with the external libreries.

the first one missed the event manager, so it was unusable.

the second one leaked for every external libraries..so crashes for missing zlib imports and the flag USES_ZLIB makes it using comperssed saved game...and all FLAC/OGG/MAD support were missing.

the third one corrected the zlib issue.

the fourth one has libflac, libogg, libmad, libvorbis and game wip engines, fixes for Bada 2 (the volume slider is only visibile when running bada 1.0 and 1.2 ), removed control mouse only, long press for click, double press for right click.

md5 were the same from the multiupload leaked one so he has some arcane power to keep the md5 the same or probably it is not changed.

The modified code is all on form.cpp
http://pastebin.com/v1jknUwh
and form.h
http://pastebin.com/NujgAqCG

certificate is the developer one, who it is used by Bada SDK. However, manifest.xml is not overrided by the certificate.

There is the SYSTEM_SERVICE privilege who
essential if your app is hungry for some system and runtime specific info like the memory or battery levels

http://www.badadev.com/44-privilege-groups-in-bada/

With this privilege can't do anything else, so it can't use social and privacy sensitive api.

..however I have stopped to do them in the shared folder since I was wrong on trusting my friend...
Hi Dokugogagoji,

Thanks for giving us the information about the leaked version.

Could you please tell me more about the "control mouse" change. Was this required for SDK 2.0? I think you will find the double press event interferes with some games such as "indy 4" and "full throttle" where you need to do a lot of rapid clicking to hit the game opponent. Also the "move only" option was there to allow the user to explore the screen for hidden objects without making the game character move.

I made many changes in this area after playing lots of games, but I guess there will still be better ways of handling this, so any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Chris
Dokugogagoji

Post by Dokugogagoji »

chrisws wrote: Could you please tell me more about the "control mouse" change.
Was this required for SDK 2.0?
Well, it was a tryout, really. Since the safe button for using in the application on Bada 2 is the camera button (close call, call key and lock key are uncatchable, the volume keys are used for per-app volume control, so it remains only that...), changing the left button<-->right button in the majority game is not always comfortable. In the code, I have tried a 4 four second delay for keeping the option.
Since
I think you will find the double press event interferes with some games such as "indy 4" and "full throttle" where you need to do a lot of rapid clicking to hit the game opponent.
Yeah, also for example, Monkey Island 3 it interfers on dragging the object and combine them, since it opens the object submenu.
And so punching in the indy games is hard.

Some other games instead seems fine (Legend of Kiranda, Sam & Max...).

It could be useful to change it like the iPhone app..using gestures to change from left to right button and scummvm functions or per-game settings. But I think the first is more nice..at least for Bada 2.

Since there is no gesture framework, gesture management should be done manually however
yeaz123

Post by yeaz123 »

Wow this project looks awesome. I just bought a Samsung Wave and I'm so happy that I will be able to play the old classic adventures on it. Thank you guys for all your effort and time :)

edit: Any update on this project?
chrisws

Post by chrisws »

yeaz123 wrote:Wow this project looks awesome. I just bought a Samsung Wave and I'm so happy that I will be able to play the old classic adventures on it. Thank you guys for all your effort and time :)

Yes... hopefully any day now the app will appear in the Samsung app-store. I am current at attempt #3 at getting approval. Sorry this is taking so long. I'm not aware of any remaining bugs, even the GUI i18n is now working correctly.
yeaz123

Post by yeaz123 »

that are some very good news! thx again.

The second part of your post doesn't sound too good though. 3rd attemp getting it in store... hope samsung is open minded about scummvm.
In case you are not getting the approvel, isn't there another way to get it on the phone?
Simmabo

Post by Simmabo »

Did you do a good beta-testing? I might post it in a forum with a few (other) developers so people over there might want to test it? (can't guarantee that but it's worth a try)
yeaz123

Post by yeaz123 »

i'm more than willing to beta test lands of lore on it :)
armawebon

Post by armawebon »

How is possible that samsung don't upload the app to the market after 15 days?
adfree

Post by adfree »

Congratulation and many thanx.
8)

Now it is in Samsung Appstore.

Best Regards

P.S.:
It seems not allowed to post Link... :oops:
Simmabo

Post by Simmabo »

It's online, thank you SO much !!!!!!
nagasaki5

Post by nagasaki5 »

Congratulations!!!!!

I'd like to thank so much your effort. You are GREAT!
stssts

Post by stssts »

great job, the waiting was worth it :-)
SX1Freak

Post by SX1Freak »

Thank you very much. Love your work.
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

chrisws wrote:
yeaz123 wrote:Wow this project looks awesome. I just bought a Samsung Wave and I'm so happy that I will be able to play the old classic adventures on it. Thank you guys for all your effort and time :)

Yes... hopefully any day now the app will appear in the Samsung app-store. I am current at attempt #3 at getting approval. Sorry this is taking so long. I'm not aware of any remaining bugs, even the GUI i18n is now working correctly.
Thank you so much!! :D
Where can we send donations?

Bugs:
FM-Town games not working (tested Zak 256 colors)?
Edit: ok, Zak original FM-Town version works, but doesn't support unofficial Italian translation as the Windows ScummVM 1.3.1 does... Is it a limit in current version?

Improvements:
Use gestures instead of unfriendly and unintuitive hardware keys. E.g. ESCAPE=Swipe up-down fast, Game Menu=pinch zoom-in, and the rest (pinch zoom-out, swipe left-right fast, swipe right-left fast, swipe down-up)... there are at least 6 gestures you can implement instead of hw keys, moreover you have also multitouch....
Please consider to implement friendly gestures, especially for left/right mouse button. You can make the pointer switch to left/right mouse button mode keeping the touch for at least 2 seconds, or when you double-tap or when you multitouch with 2 fingers and so on....
Last edited by hexaae on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
yeaz123

Post by yeaz123 »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

Thanks to your effort we now finally have some decent games for the bada system. Thanks so much again!